The Sewing Place

Brother NS80E

Ohsewsimple

Re: Brother NS80E
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2023, 23:04:09 PM »

Which is ironic because it's the fine needles we. Most. Need the help with!

Of course @Ouryve but the wire has to be a certain thickness I guess and the eye of a fine needle is too small for the wire.  It might even tell you that in the instruction book, not sure. 

Ouryve

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2023, 23:54:55 PM »
Of course @Ouryve but the wire has to be a certain thickness I guess and the eye of a fine needle is too small for the wire.  It might even tell you that in the instruction book, not sure.

It does in the manual of my old Brother. If find all the threaders I've tired such a faff that I just poke until I get lucky.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2023, 10:41:54 AM »
@Sara-S   you’re a bad influence! 😂😂

I’ve just sold my very basic Singer Simple to one of the ladies in my sewing group who bought it for her neice as it was my original spare machine so hardly used. I then sold my Brother FS100 to another lady in my sewing group as her old Toyota machine had packed up and I thought I don’t need it and I’ll stick with my Bernina 475 for all my normal sewing needs.
But I’ve now realised it’s a bit heavy to be lifting and taking to my group every week plus the palaver of packing it up each time so…

I just bought myself a Brother Innov-is 65 which is very similar to your lovely Brother machine but it’s a new model and comes with a thread cutter, which is a must have for me these days  as I’m so used to using one.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sara-S

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2023, 12:19:15 PM »
Yes, that model is quite similar to mine @WildAtlanticWay   I have a larger Brother machine that has the thread cutter, but my NS80 does not.  It does have the tie-off button, which I really like, along with the good threader.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.