The Sewing Place

Update on my sewing machine world. LATEST

Bill

Re: Update on my sewing machine world
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 02:14:19 AM »
If only I wasn't so bloody p***poor.
I love my bernette. It never lets me down and rarely if ever p***es me off. But it does feel like a cheap knock off of a Bernina. I can't wrap my head around that. Meh
I think I know how you feel.though @Celia
When I had the brother 1800 it was a great machine but it just wasn't...me.
As @Ohsewsimple says, you could flog it and buy a ton of nice fabric from which to make many more nice things with your HD9  :)
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Celia

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2024, 09:20:11 AM »
Thanks @Bill I probably will sell it but right now I am enjoying sewing On my HD9 and I will see how it goes, if I find myself still sewing more in a few weeks I will pull out the Bernina again and make a decision. 
I still have quite a stash of fabric so I don’t think that is a deciding factor.

I am enjoying making bags at the moment but want to get back to making some clothes soon.

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024, 11:10:52 AM »
@Celia I think your new found zest for sewing proves you've done the right thing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2024, 13:12:35 PM »
@Bill the Bernette is made for Bernina and not by them.  Like lots of other machines.  Cheaper end of Husqvarna is made for them and not by them.  It’s very complicated  :)

Bill

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2024, 13:18:37 PM »
Ah yes I know  :)
I read a brief history of how bernette came about when I bought it. Designed by Bernina and has the same (roughly) software and controls but made by someone else for people who want a Bernina but can't afford one...like me  :P  :)
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Celia

Re: Update on my sewing machine world. Latest
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2024, 12:19:02 PM »
Well the latest update is I struggled the Bernina out of the back of the cupboard and decided it was time to use it or get rid.

It took me 5 minutes to realise the problem…ME….. I just don’t have the patience for this fabulous machine so I am going to sell it. 

If anyone is interested and can collect it please let me know, I don’t do Facebook or eBay so I think my only other alternative is to see if a dealer will buy it, it is only 18months old and I know it was a reactionary buy after loosing ‘him in doors.’

So Chic

Re: Update on my sewing machine world. LATEST
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2024, 12:46:56 PM »
@Celia   I think you have made the right decision for you, if you don't love a machine let someone who will have it.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Ouryve

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2024, 16:09:34 PM »
I'm glad you've been able to make a decision, @Celia. You will feel so much better without it niggling you.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Celia

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2024, 16:12:22 PM »
I have just posted it in the for sale section at a bargain price if anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be

Thanks

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2024, 17:12:40 PM »
@Celia I’m glad you’ve made the decision now. I wonder if part of the problem is that you associate it with losing your OH.

Celia

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2024, 09:34:17 AM »
@Ohsewsimple   thank you yes I think you are right, yes I had it in the table and was thinking how lovely it looks and how silly I am

but when I tried to use it it I ended up with knots in my stomach……it’s not like I don’t know how to use it, I have taught people with many different machines for years.  I think it is more am emotional reaction.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2024, 12:03:52 PM »
I think you will feel a lot better when it’s gone @Celia   
I had no doubt you could get to grips with it.   :)  I personally don’t find their machines very user friendly. 

Celia

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2024, 17:38:34 PM »
Well it’s done, my lovely Bernina will be on its way to its lovely new home on Monday.

I am sure it will appreciate being used and not hiding in a cupboard, it really is a stunning machine but just not for me so do have fun @Bill and don’t swear at it too often.  :). Regular updates are required

I actually feel so much better about it already and will enjoy sorting out the space. 

I am not replacing it as I am fine with my straight stitch machine and my Husqvarna topaz for the very occasional times I need a zigzag or something.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2024, 17:55:10 PM »
So glad for you @Celia and I’m sure you will feel much better now.
@Bill, wow, that’s some machine you will have.  But it will require some reading of the instruction book!  There are lots of videos here and she is brilliant at showing how to use the machines. 
https://sewingmastery.com/bernina-570/

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2024, 18:23:29 PM »
Ooh, @Bill , how exciting for you!  Just please do not take it apart or adjust it!!!