The Sewing Place

Update on my sewing machine world. LATEST

Bill

Re: Update on my sewing machine world. LATEST
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2024, 17:19:31 PM »
I have once sewn a button on using my Pfaff, just to try it. Worked OK, but well scary and I'm not convinced it wouldn't come off if the thread end got loose.

I did wonder if sticking a bit of rubber on the bottom of the open toe foot could work.....but then remembered this is a 2 and half grand machine.  :faints:  and Celia would probably skin me alive. I'll save for the right foot  :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 17:21:19 PM by Bill »
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Celia

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2024, 18:46:42 PM »
@Bill   YES  you are right and I think I might have a few volunteers on here to help me……… an @Bodgeitandscarper can make a bag from you.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2024, 19:11:41 PM »
Yes, it is scary but they don't come loose.  Each stitch is made by the top thread going round the bottom thread as you know.  It is just a line of stitches but 'running on the spot' as it were.  You know how hard it is to pull a thread out unless you snip it a few places first. 
It's the commercial ones that come out.  They just use one thread, push it through the ends alternately and hope the friction will hold it. (which it often doesn't, for me)
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Ploshkin

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2024, 07:50:27 AM »
@Bill after you've 'finger bodged'  enough buttons it will be quicker to do them by hand.  I find that with zips.  I always hand sew zips in seams - saves time and they are invisible without any faffing around.
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2024, 12:28:38 PM »
It’s on its way  :dance:  I am happy it is off to a new home, just you look after it @Bill  :loveit:

I am also going to do some sewing this afternoon and not feel guilty about not using it. More on my sewing thread….

Bill

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2024, 17:27:47 PM »
@Ploshkin I'm slow as anything at hand sewing and my stitches are .....crap.....at best. It's a black art to me. I shall try though  :)

@Celia don't worry about your Bernina. The screwdrivers have been given their marching orders and she'll be treated like the princess she is. She's even getting a whole new sewing area to gleam in  :)

And UPS had better not doing anything which displeases me or there'll be big trouble in little china!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 17:29:20 PM by Bill »

Bill

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2024, 18:41:00 PM »
You gotta love their optimism  :laughing:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Celia

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2024, 19:59:01 PM »
I saw that too but notice it’s chaotic tomorrow @Bill