The Sewing Place

New Member - First Post

SewRuthieSews

Re: New Member - First Post
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2024, 20:45:08 PM »
Welcome. I'm primarily a garment sewist so have machines for that, including some backups.
I've found a happy medium with my current stable of machines and enjoy spending time in my sewing room very much.

Please do come over to the Contests and SewAlongs area.
We are currently voting for our favourites in Festive Fun
And have just started our contests for Jan and Feb Warm and Cosy

Lachica

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2024, 20:52:04 PM »
Welcome @Anne Warren . After joining here I realised I needed an overlocker, a coverstitcher and a vintage machine. I also have a lightweight Janome which I rehomed.   My stash has enlarged after encouragement here. Beware! It doesn't stop at sewing stuff; I have a robot vacuum cleaner and an airfryer thanks to members' raving about them.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Anne Warren

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2024, 20:55:36 PM »
Oh LORD, people around me are going on about air fryers constantly.  No room in the kitchen either I'm afraid! :laugh:
Singer 201K; Singer 221K; Singer 222K; Singer 99 handcrank; Bernina Activa 140; Janome 8077. :)

Cazlyn

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2024, 01:52:25 AM »
Hello and welcome.
Crafting is my happy place

Puzzler

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2024, 07:11:51 AM »
Welcome to TSP  :D. Between your quilt group and this forum you will soon be quilting like a pro. We are an enabling group as you may have guessed.

Nevis5

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2024, 08:13:40 AM »
Hello and welcome from me, too,  @Anne Warren   !  Air fryers - yes, I agree, am still wondering myself amongst the barrage of champions... ::thinks::

I'm a lightweight, have only three machines at the moment  :laughing:  but am a garment sewer only.  I live happily in my sewing room surrounded by fabrics, scraps, thread and mess   :)

So Chic

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2024, 08:23:10 AM »
Welcome, and enjoy your machines as I wish I had the space for more.   I do like to have separate machines for overlocking and coverstitching even though my Bernina will do both these functions. 
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Hideout Hen

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2024, 08:38:29 AM »
Hi Anne. I'm not a quilter, garments & household stuff but mostly leather bags are my thing. I've only got three machines (that I count). An all rounder, an overlocker and an industrial for the leather.
I also have an air fryer.  :laughing:
I'm sure you will have lots to share with us. I look forward to seeing your pics.  :pics:
In my dreams I'm still sewing....and also in my nightmares.

realale

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2024, 13:22:38 PM »
Well beside the sewing stuff I've also been enticed with a robot vacuum, an airfryer and a Karcher window vac......  :D
So many beers, so little time.

Anne Warren

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2024, 13:35:11 PM »
This is hilarious!  It's starting to sound like at least the airfryer is inevitable.  Maybe just buy one and get it over with.   :laugh:
Singer 201K; Singer 221K; Singer 222K; Singer 99 handcrank; Bernina Activa 140; Janome 8077. :)

Sheilago

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2024, 15:47:12 PM »
Hello @Anne Warren. I can’t be far away from you and I am mainly a quilter/ craft person too, though I only have one machine ( and no air fryer! :laugh:) Welcome to TSP!
I’ve been a member here since it started ( and was also in its forerunner) and as a result haven’t felt the need to join a local quilting group. I’ll be interested to hear of your experiences if you do join one, but you’ll get lots of advice/ inspiration/ fun on here. :D

P.s. Are you having internet issues ? Apparently BT doing maintenance. As my 3 year old granddaughter said when we tried to stream a Disney movie, this is ‘ most annoying’.
Hurray, this finally posted - been trying for hours.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2024, 16:14:42 PM »
I have got the Karcher window vac but no air fryer or robot vacuum here. Don't feel the pressure :-)

Greybird

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2024, 22:33:47 PM »
You all forgot the soup maker!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2024, 23:10:07 PM »
I’m another air fryer owner.  Use it just about every day!  Very rarely turn my oven on now.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2024, 06:45:11 AM »
And the unpicker.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m