The Sewing Place

New Member - First Post

Flobear

Re: New Member - First Post
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2024, 09:54:00 AM »
Several unpickers as the 'one and only' isn't always where you think it shoud be!

I don't have an air fryer, even though Mr Bear is desperately keen, but there is just nowhere to put it
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 09:56:00 AM by Flobear »
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2024, 11:47:53 AM »
I was wavering about an air fryer until someone told me that it is only a small fan oven.  I've got a small fan oven already.
Life's too short for ironing.

Hideout Hen

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2024, 20:43:40 PM »
I was wavering about an air fryer until someone told me that it is only a small fan oven.  I've got a small fan oven already.
That's what I thought. My microwave is also a fan oven and about half the size of my main oven. I put off buying an air fryer for ages.
But when I finally did, I found the air fryer cooks much quicker and better than the microwave/fan oven.
In my dreams I'm still sewing....and also in my nightmares.

Anne Warren

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2024, 10:48:00 AM »
Hello @Anne Warren. I can’t be far away from you and I am mainly a quilter/ craft person too, though I only have one machine ( and no air fryer! :laugh:) Welcome to TSP!
I’ve been a member here since it started ( and was also in its forerunner) and as a result haven’t felt the need to join a local quilting group. I’ll be interested to hear of your experiences if you do join one, but you’ll get lots of advice/ inspiration/ fun on here. :D

P.s. Are you having internet issues ? Apparently BT doing maintenance. As my 3 year old granddaughter said when we tried to stream a Disney movie, this is ‘ most annoying’.
Hurray, this finally posted - been trying for hours.

How wonderful to know there's somebody near me!  And a founding member no less. 

I'll let you know on the quilting group.  These are mostly at churches in the area and the ladies quite elderly.  I've done crafts shows with some of them.  They're knowledgable on so many topics and incredibly patient and I've got a lot to learn.  None of them seems to use a Singer 222K though and I'm learning that machine off my own bat, so can use some backup, especially to do with attachments.  I've been watching demos online and I'm in love with the walking foot so far, but the uses of all the varieties of quarter-inch foots eludes me, so haven't invested in any at the moment.  It seems to just be a preference for how you view a seam-allowance.

Would love to meet up for tea and say hello in person, but I don't know the rules on that and assume it's not on. 

About BT -- I gave up on them and went with EE -- who are related but different technology.  They give you a hub thing that's your own WIFI hotspot and you're off the phone system entirely.  More like your own mobile network.  I've found it works much better.  No problems in six months.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 10:51:26 AM by Anne Warren »
Singer 201K; Singer 221K; Singer 222K; Singer 99 handcrank; Bernina Activa 140; Janome 8077. :)

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2024, 11:23:43 AM »
Hello from me too.  I'm from a wee bitty doon the Tay from you but have been dahn sarf for over 4 decades now.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2024, 17:45:06 PM »
Hiya @Anne Warren

Would love to meet up for tea and say hello in person, but I don't know the rules on that and assume it's not on.

Actually a few of us do meet up from time to time, and generally mention it in the today thread. Best to meet in a coffee shop, garden centre... (or pub if you're meeting @realale ) rather than having people come to your house.
Send the person a Private Message to arrange it.