The Sewing Place

2024 Jeans Sew Along

realale

Re: 2024 Jeans Sew Along
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2024, 20:52:32 PM »
I carried on with my jeans today. I added the front pockets and then did the fly front. I'd found a You Tube video which showed a much better way to do it than the patterns way. I'd also left myself a cryptic message on the pattern to not use the patterns method but to use the one from the fold trouser. Completely befuddled as to what I meant by the fold trouser!!  :laughing:
Anyway it was a very good method and the front worked out beautifully. It's on a channel by The Last stitch 'Sew a perfect jeans zipper'. I watched and made notes and then did it for myself.
I then sewed the inner legs but gave up at that point as my eye was sore.
Hopefully I'll get some more done tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 11:10:42 AM by realale »
So many beers, so little time.

realale

« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2024, 12:17:30 PM »
I finished my jeans but the waist was too big. I thought I could wear them with a belt but then decided they needed taking in so I undid the waistband at the back and unpicked the top stitching down the centre back seam, i then removed the excess, resewed the cb seam re top stitched and redid the waistband.
The hardest part was lining up the new top stitching with the previous lot. They fit a lot better now.
I've added a pic of the new back which I'm quite pleased with.

Ploshkin

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2024, 08:22:55 AM »
@realale my first alteration on any trousers is to take a lump out of the centre back seam to prevent a gap ( I have a very curved lower back).  I find it helps greatly to do a curved waistband too - it makes for a much better fit ( on me).
Life's too short for ironing.

realale

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2024, 15:41:43 PM »
So I transferred all my alterations to the pattern and then cut out a pair of jeans shorts. I sewed them up and tried them on before I added the waistband and the back still gaped!!! There wont be a yoke left at the rate I keep shaving bits of it.  0_0 I also scooped out the front crotch and once finished they all seem to be fine.
Details are on my diary thread but hopefully my next pair will be a breeze and will fit straight off  :P

Ploshkin

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2024, 16:55:13 PM »
Have you tried a curved waistband?  That eliminates a lot of back gape.
Life's too short for ironing.

realale

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2024, 20:11:40 PM »
Have you tried a curved waistband?  That eliminates a lot of back gape.
No I haven't. I'll look into that. Thanks for the idea.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2024, 09:33:28 AM »
I really need to go and watch The Last Stitch 'Sew a perfect jeans zipper', thanks for the tip @realale