The Sewing Place

What were your favorite makes in 2023?

Nevis5

Re: What were your favorite makes in 2023?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2024, 13:29:29 PM »
It's a lovely thread, isn't it, @Lemon Syllabub   ?  I'm enjoying seeing all the photos.

My favourite make last year was a Clothkits padded jacket for my little grandson.  It took me ages, mainly because it was quilted (! scary!) and I wanted to get it perfect.  Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of it :(  it was really sweet when it was done - it has farmyard animals on the fabric and lots of little pockets into which you popped a stuffed animal or tractor etc.

My son's partner made all the right noises when she unwrapped it last Christmas but I've never seen it on my little grandson :(

CCL

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2024, 16:20:16 PM »
@Nevis5, @Lemon Syllabub  and @Flobear  - Me too!   I love seeing what other sewists found their most satisfying make - it's wonderful to be able to savor those wins and celebrate with each other our love of sewing.

@Ohsewsimple - No need to limit to garments - weaving, quilting, pillow making, doll making etc. are all part of our craft!

@Ploshkin - ohh, thank you for the photo of your loom!   I must confess, it still seems a bit intimidating - but I do so love the work you have done on it!
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

Diane

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2024, 16:35:31 PM »
Ooh that's a difficult one, I had several that I really liked not sure if they were all 2023, most were and here they are: 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2024, 17:01:29 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2024, 00:26:45 AM »
@kowgiirl.up 

PS, I have that lamp!!!

You are the reason that I have that lamp. That lamp is a real game changer for me and you are an enabler as well Missy :)
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2024, 00:27:35 AM »
Ooh that's a difficult one, I had several that I really liked not sure if they were all 2023, most were and here they are:

All are grreat but I LOVE that bear!
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

Flobear

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2024, 09:11:56 AM »
Oh yes, my teeny tiny bear too - how could I have forgotten her? She's there every day in my avatar!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ellabella

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2024, 10:43:31 AM »
My most well received make was a set of matching casual shirts for SIL and the two GSs.  The fabric is truly hideous depicting characters from various horror films, SILs favourite genre.  By the time I’d tried to match all those silly little men three times I was heartily sick of them.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
The finished shirts looked better than this by the time I had finished and the all opened them on Christmas Day and promptly put the on.
My sewjo is up and running at the moment so making the most of it whilst it’s here.

Lachica

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2024, 10:57:14 AM »
Wow, that was some pattern matching challenge!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

grndkntrl

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2024, 11:20:21 AM »
My most well received make was a set of matching casual shirts for SIL and the two GSs.  The fabric is truly hideous depicting characters from various horror films, SILs favourite genre.  By the time I’d tried to match all those silly little men three times I was heartily sick of them.

The finished shirts looked better than this by the time I had finished and the all opened them on Christmas Day and promptly put the on.
My sewjo is up and running at the moment so making the most of it whilst it’s here.

That's horrifyingly cute on so many levels. Great job though, I love it!
Just starting out with a Brother FS40s for now!

Also dabbling in 3D printing & electronics.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2024, 11:34:25 AM »
@Ellabella Im so glad you explained because I thought it was strange fabric.   :)  But each to their own and the result was great. 

Flobear

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2024, 11:38:12 AM »
I think the 'Pattern Matcher of the Year' award is definitely @Ellabella's

Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

CCL

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2024, 14:57:04 PM »
Wow, @Ellabella !! The pattern matching on the front edges is phenomenal!   

That's a new category too - Most well-received sewing.  Lovely story about the opening of the packages and quickly donning the shirts!  I didn't sew anything for anyone else this year - but I have to admit BH is always lovely about the things I make for him.

The horror shirts are definitely something to celebrate (like the award image, @Flobear )
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

Loststitch65

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2024, 13:04:53 PM »
Some really lovely makes. I love looking at what people make.

Mine was quite boring compared to everyone else’s. It was the Southbank dress.
It’s Diane’s fault 🧵
Brother LS14S for now 😁
Cheap and cheerful overlocker from Aldi