The Sewing Place

hello!

shadykittykat

hello!
« on: March 06, 2017, 13:46:42 PM »
Hello all,

I was a member of the other forum as homespun Kat, I thought I'd have a new name here though! I'm still a very part time not very proficient sewer so that hasn't changed but I have a new early 40th birthday present machine, so hopefully I'll get lots of use out of it 😊

Kate
Kate
Running, sewing, eating.....
Wandering warily in warmest Worcestershire

Lowena

Re: hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 13:47:55 PM »
Welcome from me  :flower:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 14:34:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum shadykitkat... lots of old friends on here .. several with new names.. new toys and new threads .
A new Machine ...What did you get ?
:sew: :vintage: :sew:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

shadykittykat

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 16:13:47 PM »
My lovely mum treated me to the innovis 27 which came with a free quilting kit, I have mostly just admired it so far, I've only had it since Friday so looking forward to having some quality time with it!

Kate
Kate

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »
Hello shadykittykat, even if I'm a bit late.  :|

Have you been having fun with your new machine? Us mums have our uses, don't we?! I didn't buy my daughter a sewing machine (she's not got that particular bug and I have spare machines there anyway) but we did give her lots of woodworking and expensive lino-cutting tools for her birthday last week. Each to his own, I know which I prefer!   :sew: :pin: :vintage:
Aka Jacky F in a former life...

shadykittykat

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 08:13:03 AM »
Hello shadykittykat, even if I'm a bit late.  :|

Have you been having fun with your new machine? Us mums have our uses, don't we?! I didn't buy my daughter a sewing machine (she's not got that particular bug and I have spare machines there anyway) but we did give her lots of woodworking and expensive lino-cutting tools for her birthday last week. Each to his own, I know which I prefer!   :sew: :pin: :vintage:

Hi,

The machine is fab, although limited by my basic talents. I'm hoping I'll grow into it!
Kate