The Sewing Place

Print Your Pattern Review

Francesca

Print Your Pattern Review
« on: November 16, 2017, 13:24:50 PM »
https://printyourpattern.com/

This company prints PDF sewing patterns and posts them to you.

They're a little expensive, £6.50 for two sheets of A0 but that does include postage. However they do the job well and a lovely printed pattern will arrive on your doorstep very quickly and they know what they're doing - no troubles trying to explain that you need things to exact scale as I've had with other printing shops.

I order from them as a treat to myself when I can't be arsed sticking sheets together.

I just ordered last night as I wanted to make a dress quickly for a trip end of the month, and I wrote a note explaining I was going away and could they try and be as quick as possible. They sent me an email mid morning that my pattern is already in the post! If I'm lucky it may get here tomorrow.

Very much recommend. Even without a special express post they usually only take about 3-4 days to arrive from the point that I order.

SkoutSews

Re: Print Your Pattern Review
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 14:25:14 PM »
This is good to know. I intensely dislike printing and sellotaping digital patterns, but I do like some of the designs available.

How many A0 sheets are there to an average pattern? I have no idea.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 15:40:33 PM »
Oh my Gosh!  Thank you so much for posting this, Francesca. I have never found anywhere local and this looks like a good solution.

Good luck with the new dress,
Clare

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 17:46:43 PM »
Most I've had have been two pages but I've seen garments with more pieces or longer lengths go up to 3.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 18:07:34 PM »
I too dislike sticking all those bits of paper together (only done it once, never again) so thanks for this. On second thoughts I wish you hadn't told me 'cos now i feel obliged to buy some patterns.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

SkoutSews

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 18:09:31 PM »
Thanks Fran.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 14:57:24 PM »
Thanks, again, to Fran for posting this info. I placed an order with Print Your Pattern on Sunday afternoon and have received it this morning -Tuesday.  Very speedy service, clearly printed on nice firm paper. I've checked the scaling and everything is present and correct.

I bought an Itch to Stitch pattern  - Hvar Jacket  - with a Black Friday online discount which cost me £5.82, then the A0 print out on 2 pages cost me £6.50. So that's £12.32.  Yes, it add to the cost of my sewing, but for speed and convenience it's pretty darned good!

I just need to get on with it, now. :vintage:

Here's the link, again:

https://printyourpattern.com/collections/all-products

Clare

ClareInStitches

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 21:32:49 PM »
Ordered a pattern on Sunday at just gone 8 in the evening. It arrived in Tuesday morning's post. Brilliant!

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 22:08:13 PM »
I bought an Itch to Stitch pattern  - Hvar Jacket  - with a Black Friday online discount which cost me £5.82, then the A0 print out on 2 pages cost me £6.50. So that's £12.32. 

Unless it's a really special and unusual pattern why not just buy a standard printed tissue pattern?
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Francesca

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 22:17:13 PM »
That jacket was PDF only. ITS doesn't do paper patterns.

BrendaP

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 23:00:00 PM »
OK, that growed-on waterfall collar is a bit different to most, so maybe that's a reason.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »
I am truly grateful for this link.  I've so far had three patterns done because for me I have little time to sew so need to get the sewing going quickly and I would imagine I would spend quite a few hours sticking a pattern together.

The first one I had done locally and I don't think they knew what to charge so it cost £15.  Then I found this link and had two more done, the first a three page effort which was I think £9.50 and the second only two pages £6.50 but there is no postage to pay.

It does make things expensive when you have bought the pattern as well  but worth it for me for the time saved.

For me I knew which pattern I wanted, found the fabric and then in the space of about five minutes, bought the pattern. bought the fabric and then paid to have it printed.  The pattern arrived before the fabric arrived.

Excellent service I think. 

Francesca

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 10:58:15 AM »
Amazing service, yet again.

I wanted a pattern printed but went on the site and saw they are on holiday at the moment. I submitted the order and just wrote a note to say thanks, it was no rush so I'll expect it after they're back from break, and thanks for amazing service as always.

Pattern arrived next-day anyway with a handwritten note thanking me for my order and for the comment as "it absolutely made my day!"

I love this company so much!

Gernella

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2018, 13:04:57 PM »
Don't you just love companies like this, especially when they have a really good product lines.  Mind you I do wish ClothSpot would stop sending me emails.  I did not wish to buy any more fabric until at least October.

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 13:50:03 PM »
Mind you I do wish ClothSpot would stop sending me emails.  I did not wish to buy any more fabric until at least October.

Unsubscribe from the emails?