The Sewing Place

Needle Felting

Acorn

Re: Needle Felting
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 22:03:38 PM »
He's lovely - just like Hartley Hare (remember him?)   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Marniesews

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 22:07:23 PM »
I remember the name, Acorn, but I don't really remember the character. Either too young for me or too old for my daughter perhaps.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 22:20:05 PM »
Mid 70's to early 80's I think.  I've just been looking for pictures of him, and your hare is much, much cuter than him!  I don't remember him looking anything like as scruffy and disreputable!!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 16:41:02 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Marniesews

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 22:21:56 PM »
He does look like he's had a hard life!  :S
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 09:58:25 AM »
I'm deffo getting another kit or pattern, any good suppliers?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Manuela

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 23:42:41 PM »
We have needle felting machines at work, I had a go at one last week in preparation for a workshop. Great fun, they are more for manipulating fabric though. I have this lovely piece of grey wool melton that cries out for some sort of paytern felted on....

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 11:40:50 AM »
@Lowena

Did you get that kit from your Secret Santa????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 13:12:38 PM »
Nope, I got it, @Iminei  from my daughter in law. She's an amazing craftspersonand. She went to a needle felting workshop at the stitching show in Harrogate and I admired what she'd made. She bought me the kit and told me to try it.
I have just sent for a load of wool, eyes and 2 books... I'm going to make teddy bears ( about 5" tall ) and animals....I hope. It's something to do when I can't be bothered get to the sewing room, I can do it on my lap on the settee.
Triumph of hope over experience :D