The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place's Project Linus Quilt Challenge

Acorn

Re: The Sewing Place's Project Linus Quilt Challenge
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2018, 10:20:05 AM »
@Lowena !   ><

Put down that trowel, and that duster.

Now make yourself a drink, get whatever books or magazines give you inspiration, and go and sit somewhere comfortable and have a browse.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2018, 10:24:26 AM »
I would if I could @Acorn  but... we have to get the house and garden shipshape and I would be nagged narrow if I didn't keep to my part of the schedule  :|
Perhaps I'll have a think  late afternoon, when I should have a window between shopping and cooking dinner  0_0
Keep nagging me...............
Triumph of hope over experience :D

StitchinTime

« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
@Lowena Just think of the poor child in hospital in need of a quilt - they won't be able to enjoy your garden, your nice clean house, or your home cooked dinner. However, they will be able to enjoy a quilt if you GET SEWING!
(Was that enough of a shout and a guilt trip?)

Iminei

« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
Tell your OH that is for the sick children;

that you don't really want to sew but you can let the lil orphans mites down !!

I have four wonderful quilts on the footstool in the front room and I'm sure  :devil: yours, @Lowena will be as good as any of them ... your cushion was beautiful .... 

I must say the two colour thang was a stroke of genius (head swelling smilie), even if I do say so myself!
The results are stunning!

As soon as I get all the quilts together (or in the case of Low and anyone else who may be bringing theirs to FOQ personally) photos of all the quilts we will have the competition!

By the way, if you are bringing your PL quilt to FOQ yourself, we will hand them in together ok? I desperately want to get a pic of all the quilts together ... and I know just the place to do that!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2018, 13:17:25 PM »
Thanks girls for the well deserved guilt trip  :|
It's my fault  ( not OH's ) as I want to get the house on the market asap ( in case he changes his mind  -< )
But....... I have earmarked tomorrow, during the test match, for beginning both projects ( and I never normally do 2 at once ) in the hope that I'll race ahead whilst the mood takes me .... going to think about patterns and fabrics this afternoon....when I have cleaned the house ;)

Pearl

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2018, 13:29:39 PM »
I have the Linus quilt and the 2 colour thingy to do 

Aren't these the same thing?   :S  (Didn't we used to have a confused emoji?)

maliw

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2018, 15:39:38 PM »
Okay, things have quietened down a bit chez mailw so I may be able to do a quilt. DGS's quilt is half done but it's too warm to get the iron out at the moment. If you would like to send me a colour combo Iminei and I will see what I can do, I'm not making any promises but if I get one done I will bring it to FOQ.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lowena

« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2018, 16:39:44 PM »
Aren't these the same thing?   :S  (Didn't we used to have a confused emoji?)

Yes @Pearl  they are the same thing, I don't know what i was thinking  :| -<

Ploshkin

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2018, 17:51:24 PM »
@Iminei  Please could you pm me your address and mine can wing it's way to you.
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2018, 06:49:01 AM »
Yes @Pearl  they are the same thing, I don't know what i was thinking  :| -<

Phew, I thought I'd missed something there, @Lowena.  (Not that it's compulsory to participate in everything, of course. I just need to remember that.)

After yesterday's wobble, I have made two blocks that I like!   :)

Iminei

« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »
If you would like to send me a colour combo Iminei and I will see what I can do, I'm not making any promises but if I get one done I will bring it to FOQ.

Okay Mali, please refresh yourself of the the rules in Post One of this thread and choose two opposite colours on the colour wheel ....

Yes, yes I'm aware that the others had their colours allocated to them, but as we had eight takers, we have 2 quilts of each combo ...

Red/Green
Yellow/Purple
Blue/Orange ...etc

So this will be a random one.

maliw

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2018, 08:23:54 AM »
Thanks Iminei, always knew I was a bit random ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ploshkin

« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2018, 14:24:52 PM »
Mine is winging it's way to you @Iminei, I would think you should have it on Monday.  I've got a couple of pictures but I forgot to take another one of the back before I wrapped it up.  The one I took makes it look dirty and sludgy.

Iminei

« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:49 PM »
Dirty and Sludgy ???? ... there is nothing Dirty and Sludgy about the colours in the quilt that arrived with the Postie this morning (beautifully packaged too by the way)

I'm assuming its yours Ploshie as there wasn't a card or any other evidence as to the maker apart from the postmark of Dyfed !

And its the first one (If I remember correctly, its a bit of a schlep all the way to the front room to check on the small Project Linus mountain at the moment) that used only TWO different fabrics in the top!!!!!

and it looks absolutely STUNNING ... Could you make me a double bed sized one please???

Ploshkin

« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2018, 14:34:09 PM »
Sorry @Iminei  I meant to put a note in the box but had taped the lid on before I remembered and I was in a bit of a rush.
The fabric on the back looked dirty and slushy in the photo that I took when it isn't really.  Actually, I used 3 fabrics for the top - there are 2 different shades of one but not as different as I wanted.