The Sewing Place

Florals Rule - get ready for Spring & Summer

Acorn

Re: Florals Rule - get ready for Spring & Summer
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2018, 14:03:50 PM »
That's lovely - it looks almost linen-y.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2018, 18:23:56 PM »
Beautiful fabric @beepbeepsew.  Any chance of an 'action shot'.  You can 'cut of your head' if you don't want to go public. 0_0

beepbeepsew

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2018, 18:32:10 PM »
I will see if I can sort an action shot for tomorrow :)

Edit: Husband has helped me take some shots in the wild and I have added them to my entry above :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 20:13:25 PM by beepbeepsew »

Manuela

« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2018, 22:05:37 PM »
That's 8 entries so far - great   :D
@DementedFairy do you want to submit your post as an entry (and perhaps add a few pictures?)

DementedFairy

« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2018, 22:14:08 PM »
That's 8 entries so far - great   :D
@DementedFairy do you want to submit your post as an entry (and perhaps add a few pictures?)
yes will do it tomorrow if that's OK
just finished sewing lace on wedding dress...
C'est moi!

Manuela

« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2018, 23:36:44 PM »
yes will do it tomorrow if that's OK
just finished sewing lace on wedding dress...

Great, thank you.

Given the size of our forum, and the fact that we just had our first 'birthday' the number of entries so far is really impressive. Well done everybody.
Remember, sewing stops at June 10th, and those who haven't posted their entries here yet, please do so until June 15th.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:16:25 AM by Manuela »

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2018, 07:11:57 AM »
I have sewn something floral, but as I only finished it yesterday evening, no photo yet.
I will try to do photo tonight after work and post.

Helen M

« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2018, 20:31:29 PM »
Oops I misread the rules and only cut out this afternoon, I thought we could sew until 15th  :(.  I'll press on and see what happens. It's a Style Arc Harmony top so we'll see!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

DementedFairy

« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2018, 20:37:10 PM »
A few days yet, I might even make something else...between marking.  Let's see!
C'est moi!

fajita

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2018, 21:31:57 PM »
Ooooo, I might yet make it. Phone call to say machine is mended and working well. Just have to get to Bristol to collect it. Hubby working in Bristol on Friday. That might just be fortuitous. Especially as it should have been his day off.  :meow:

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2018, 07:52:49 AM »

Here's a quick indoor picture of my top. The pattern is one I made myself from a favourite RTW top. The print jersey fabric was from deep in the sewing resources and I don't remember where I bought it.
I'm going to wear it today with dark brown trousers for work.

Kwaaked

« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »
My trim showed up today and I made a muslin out of a 1978 Lutterloh pattern.  I was going to use Tailornova, but my printer went down, so you do what you do.

Welp...after a massive camel toe issue that would make the makers of the trendy underpants jealous, I about have that worked out and need to heavily modify the pattern which is straighten side seams, move and lengthen darts and add 10 inches! to the pattern (you would think with Lutterloh, the actual measurement would work wouldn't you?), draft a waistband (the pattern did not include one) and make another muslin.   Probably would have been easier to draft them myself, to be honest and I may yet do that.  But, I'll do that Wednesday and I'll have time to do several fits if I have to, and if I get the fit right, make them on Friday.   If not, I'll draft a pair Friday, fit them and then make them Saturday.  Due to the trim, I'll spend more time adding that on then actual sewing.  I'll cut the trim later today and Thursday and have them ready to go.

Hopefully, I'll only need one more pass with the modifiers to get the fit right and it will go easy.  But it never, ever does.

So this is where I am.

fajita

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2018, 16:50:49 PM »
Hip hip hoorah. Machine is back. Buttonholes are done. Now to sew on some buttons and I'm done.

fajita

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2018, 17:40:17 PM »
 All done.
Massively huge, so I will not be wearing it, and I'm a big girl to start with, and it drowns me.
But I do like the look of it.
Glad it's finished now.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:27:41 AM by Manuela »

Tamnymore

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2018, 19:46:21 PM »
Well here is my entry such as it is! The fabric is a vintage rayon from ebay- one of those where the seller is clearing an attic and has no idea what the fabric is. However a burn test showed it was a natural fibre and it seems much more like a viscose than cotton so let's call it rayon. It is quite dense and a lovely rich colour with a slight sheen.

Unfortunately the fabric is a bit difficult to sew and it tends to pucker on the seams and hems. I don't know how much you can see on the photo and I'm not entirely happy with the result but I don't love it enough to alter it any more. You can't see the detail very well on my version but it has some interesting details and I like the pockets.

I used the new Lisette pattern B6567. I made the neck smaller. I made the front bodice from one piece rather than two and I lengthened it to make it below the knee. If I made this again I would make the bodice more fitted and I'd make it tunic length.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 19:47:52 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde