The Sewing Place

Florals Rule - get ready for Spring & Summer

UttaRetch

Re: Florals Rule - get ready for Spring & Summer
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2018, 21:21:29 PM »
@Fajita: that's a shame as it nicely made.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2018, 22:10:17 PM »
@Francesca is there any chance you could insert the attached pictures into the text? Then I can copy and paste your entry into the voting thread. Otherwise I'd have to host the pictures elsewhere and link them.

Hi Manuela

I've done it! (My little tecchy is away so I had to work it out myself!)
Jane (I'll get Fran to sew it)

Manuela

« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2018, 02:12:42 AM »
Thank you @Jane , much appreciated.

DementedFairy

« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
McCall's 5056
Blog post here
A tropical panel print, cotton lawn, plus an old duvet cover.  Changes to pattern- elastic waist instead of drawstring, shortened by 2", all assembly done fast and dirty on the overlocker.
Very wearable and comfy, and a great way to get more-than-a-circle out of a fairly narrow piece of fabric [it's cut in godets and rectangular panels]
I'll be making a few more of these, I like the way it moves, and have had a lot of compliments already.
C'est moi!

Kwaaked

« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2018, 03:40:53 AM »
I'm all done, have to get a black tee shirt and photos taken.  The tee...well it's the only thing that will go with the pants.

Hopefully, I can get my SO to take them Monday.

Manuela

« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »
Today is the last day of sewing, please don't forget to put your pictures up here by June 15th  :)

Helen M

« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2018, 14:30:00 PM »
This is my Style Arc Harmony top. https://www.stylearc.com/shop/pdf-sewing-patterns/harmony-woven-top-pdf/ Fabric is a silky polyester bought from Lili fabrics at Manchester Hobbycraft show. Each sleeve has 4 pieces, 2 of which are semi circle ruffles that need ‘finishing’, time consuming! I used an overlocked edge and turned once option rather than a double turned hem.

Changes made were to increase side seams from 3/8” to 5/8”, with hindsight maybe the smaller size would have worked but it’s ages since I sewed a woven top so erred on the side of caution. I shortened length by 1 1/2” which is normal for me.

Not sure if I’ll make it again as it’s a fashion thing but nice and summery plus the sleeves are ‘arm friendly’!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 19:44:51 PM by Helen M »
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

Manuela

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2018, 02:21:52 AM »
Yay, well done @Helen M
I am really happy to see so many entries. Once all the pictures have been submitted, I open the voting thread  :)

Helen M

« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2018, 17:31:21 PM »
Manuela I've now modified my post to include pictures

Manuela

« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »
Manuela I've now modified my post to include pictures

@Helen M is there any chance you could include those pictures into the text. If not I'd have to download them, upload elsewhere in order to post them in the voting thread.

Helen M

« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2018, 10:03:59 AM »
Manuela if someone can tell me how I do it. I don't have Flicker or anything like that and they are just in a folder on my computer.

I tried to 'copy' directly into the post but it wouldn't allow me to 'paste' it. ???

Greybird

« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2018, 10:05:58 AM »
This is the dress I have just finished for my grand-daughter (also shown on my diary thread). I used B3714 and made no alterations, except that I made the sleeveless version and then made a separate bodice, with sleeves and buttoned down the back, that can be worn over the top if the weather is cooler (this is to be worn for a wedding). I hope the pictures come out right - I have no confidence that I can do it every time!  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Manuela

« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
Manuela if someone can tell me how I do it. I don't have Flicker or anything like that and they are just in a folder on my computer.

I tried to 'copy' directly into the post but it wouldn't allow me to 'paste' it. ???

@Helen M next to the attachment is an option 'insert attachment), click this and the pictures appear in the text  :)

Fiona M

« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
@Greybird that is a beautiful wedding outfit!  What pretty fabric.

Helen M

« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2018, 10:19:53 AM »
@Helen M next to the attachment is an option 'insert attachment), click this and the pictures appear in the text  :)

I think that is what I did I'll try in a new post as I can always delete the original.