The Sewing Place

Up and at 'em it's Friday 18th May

Iminei

Re: Up and at 'em it's Friday 18th May
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 10:00:04 AM »
Still procrastinating!  ><

Floors hoovered and steam mopped ... lousy SM (hoover incidentally) the pad doesnt fit or stay on the head of the mop properly and there's only one pad provided, which means after I have dragged it (and all the incidental bits of fluff it seems to produce) around the room you have to wait for it to get washed and dried before using again  ....
I must get another one ... any recommendations ??

Still at least The Splurgess is actually on the table (I had to lift it up to hoover)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:05:07 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 10:07:08 AM »
Bet you don't do any sewing while OH is away @Iminei  :P but you'll have a sparkling house  :D
Sunny here but I bet it's chilly. OH has gone for a walk and I'm about to tackle housework and food shopping so all is left shipshape before I go away ( to do more housework and shopping  -< )
Hoping to get in the garden today, but have a hospital appt this afternoon so it may be put off until tomorrow...........anything to get away from that bl***y we***ng!! :angry:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lizzy777

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »
This is the best steam mop ever (in my opinion) . I bought it from groupon though as they were selling them at a much reduced price and it arrived in a perfect condition.  Can't recommend it highly enough as the best of most of the steam mops available (in my opinion).

https://www.polti.co.uk/steam-cleaning/steam-mops/vaporetto-sv-440-double-steam-mop

They don't have this one on offer any more but they do have the orange one on offer at present.

Difference between the 440 (purple) and the 420 (orange) is because the 440 steam tank can be detached and used as a hand held steam cleaner (never used mine for that yet though).

https://www.polti.co.uk/steam-cleaning/steam-mops/vaporetto-sv-420-frescovapor-steam-mop

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/polti-vaporetto-steam-mop-1?deal_option=f4e65bc0-0956-4460-87e4-7011dd217fce&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=uk_dt_sea_ggl_txt_tim_pads_cbp_chp_nbr_target*_productpartitionid*441302510837_campaignid*687507813_adgroupid*48370595896_productid*70949783_adposition*1o1_prodtarget*441302510837_adtype*pla&mr:referralID=659c4a78-5a7a-11e8-842b-005056941669&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgN2j1vOO2wIV6JPtCh3vMgGnEAQYASABEgLE_PD_BwE

lizzy

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 10:13:08 AM »
I get on my hands and knees with a cloth and Flash........ can't beat it  :D

Lizzy777

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 10:22:47 AM »
I get on my hands and knees with a cloth and Flash........ can't beat it  :D

I think you should trial this steam mop and then say that lol. :)

lizzy

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
Wouldn't work @Lizzy777  Our downstairs floors are Victorian slate and very uneven. It's difficult to hoover ( have to sweep first ) let alone mop. I did try a mop once but before it'd done even half of the kitchen the pad had shredded and made more mess than enough  :(
Anyhoo.... I'm a firm believer in elbow grease  :angel:

Francesca

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »

Floors hoovered and steam mopped ... lousy SM (hoover incidentally) the pad doesnt fit or stay on the head of the mop properly and there's only one pad provided, which means after I have dragged it (and all the incidental bits of fluff it seems to produce) around the room you have to wait for it to get washed and dried before using again  ....
I must get another one ... any recommendations ??

Still at least The Splurgess is actually on the table (I had to lift it up to hoover)

I've got a Vileda and I love it.

Lizzy777

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 10:52:17 AM »
@Lowena

That's a shame then.  The only thing I would say is that the pads are much stronger these days. Depends when you tried out the steam mop. I have noticed a big difference in steam mops over the last couple of years.

lizzy

wrenkins

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 11:48:56 AM »
I resisted getting a steam mop and then finally relented. Dogs, people, boots, muck and small stones eventually wore me down. I bought a Vax and I am smitten.   <3 I too have an uneven floor but I have a curly mophead for that too.
My Auntie Annie was a great believer in elbow grease too. She regularly took all the coal out of her brick coal bunker, painted the bunker white and then put the coal back in again. Her house was quite clean too!!!  :o
Fashion fades, style is forever!

WendyW

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 13:20:58 PM »
Busy day ahead here. In the next 5 hrs I have to go for a run with the dog, get my pepper plants in the ground, shower, pack for a camping trip, grocery shop for said trip, be home at the scheduled time for someone to come by, make stops at the library and the bank, take my mom to physical therapy, hopefully hit the road by 2:30 for the trip. So, I guess I better get my backside out of this chair and get moving!

Ploshkin

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 13:36:39 PM »
I also have a Vax steam mop.  It's a perfect partner for our  floors with underly heated floors as they dry in about 30 seconds
Life's too short for ironing.

WendyW

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 14:16:43 PM »
Run is done, peppers are next, but I remembered 2 more things for the list- school work with my son, and washing dishes.

Pinkstar

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 14:19:01 PM »
My DH has a Vax, he rates the steam fresh pets version, he had a cheaper version but the handle snapped on it.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 14:46:15 PM »

Floors hoovered and steam mopped ... lousy SM (hoover incidentally) the pad doesnt fit or stay on the head of the mop properly...
I added some velcro straps to my pads to hold them on - luckily I got two pads, but never felt the need to use more than one  :)

Acorn

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 17:07:29 PM »
Just back from Swansea - 130 mile round trip, the last 6 miles took well over half an hour.  We had to go for Mr Acorn to have a wisdom tooth taken out.  According to our dentist there is nobody any closer who has the equipment to remove a wisdom tooth.   -<   It took 15 minutes to remove it and the dentist used nothing other than ordinary looking hand tools.  Something odd going on there.

Glorious day now we're back home though!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.