The Sewing Place

Has no-one started Saturday 14th yet

Iminei

Has no-one started Saturday 14th yet
« on: July 14, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »
Has no-one started Saturday 14th yet ... Oh go on then, I will.

Im up bright and breezy ready for my 6 weekly annual maintenance at Poole hospital today ...

Yes, 6 weeks ago I was mercifully fully functioning in all limbs and digits and today I have had to beg a lift from a stranger to get me into Poole ..... His name is Clive Newlin, he looks a bit like Hugh Fearly Fern Fern's younger brother if Fb is to be believed and lives in Blandford ... Please remember that if I am never heard from before.

So no sewing yesterday, no sewing today, tomorrow better be a bumper day of sewing as Im seriously running close to the mark with TV.

Have fun, whatever you get up to today, and lets hope this Good Samaritan might offer me a lift back from the Hospital this afternoon!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

Re: Has no-one started Saturday 14th yet
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:01:11 AM »
Morning all, a bit late up today, watched the tennis until 11 last night even though I was very tired after my day out in Norwich. Hope all goes well at the hospital @Iminei and that you get home OK afterwards. Blue skies and sunshine already, not sure what we'll do today, all I will manage is a gentle walk and a half of cider this afternoon :) I'm not bothered about the women's tennis final except that I would rather like Angelique Kerber to win ;). Enjoy youre Saturday whatever you are up to.
Formerly known as Junemarie

justpottering

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:06:52 AM »
Morning everyone another cracking day and we are homeward bound probably leaving around noon
It’s been a most unusual camping holiday because of the weather best of all I’ve done so much resting that I almost lived up to my user name  0_0

Have good days all whatever you get up to

Imi hope all goes well at the check up and that you get back safely and without incident
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:24:55 AM »
Morning
We are forecast another fine warm day.
I am resisting the temptation to waste the day and plan to go to a local history talk this morning.
Getting showered and dressed would be a good start.

I hope your lifts all work out Imi and all goes well at the hospital.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Sandra

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 07:29:19 AM »
A lift from a stranger?!  :o   ><
Hope Clive's a lovely chap.

I'm awake quite early this morning. Washing machine's almost done its first load...plenty more to do while the weather looks good.

My son has returned from his Italian trip.  :)  I've not seen him yet but he phoned from Heathrow last night while he was waiting for the coach.
He's had a wonderful time and thought Florence was the most beautiful place. He was quite depressed to have come back so soon. His friend lives in an area surrounded by mountains, so the views all around were stunning.
Now he's back here.  :\

Today I intend to finish off the wedding dress...no, really I do.  :)
I have three skirt layers left to shorten, but they're not just trimmed off tulle, they're machine hemmed. Must get it done.

Washing is done, so I'll get it pegged out.

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »
Stay safe, @Iminei .  I'm sorry that I am too far away to help you out.  I did google 'how far is DDD from Cov?', but apparently it's 150 miles.  (And I am as much a stranger from the internet as Mr Newlin.)

No urgent plans for today, DD's piano lesson this morning, visit to my mother (her new neighbours are renovating their house and building an extension.  They have knocked down one of DM's walls and when she enquired, it transpires that they haven't been granted planning permission, yet.) and my PL quilt is on the cutting mat.  For the first time in a month, I have no school work to do, yay.

Have a good day, all.

jen

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 07:48:59 AM »
Hello friends. I hope the hospital and lifts work out Iminei. It’s sunny again here, and I’m being driven slowly mad by a dog who doesn’t understand why he’s confined to barracks. He hurt his paw a couple of weeks ago, and being a Springer, doesn’t see enough inconvenience in a bit of discomfort to warrant stopping charging about and diving into bushes and leaping off walls. He’s off the antibiotics now, the hood is off, just another 24 hours or so.

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:20 AM »
Back to bright and sunny here, although it feels a tad cooler than it has been.

Going to brace myself and drive into town today as there's banking to be done, and if I manage to get there I may try some fabric relaxation.

Plans for sewing later, much to be done.

Have a lovely weekend!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Manuela

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 08:51:20 AM »
It's raining cats and dogs, at least the temperatures are down from 35 C to more comfortable 30 C...
I spent most of the morning learning how to code - initially I was dreading it, now I don't understand why. It's FUN  :devil:
Now off to finish some denim aprons with ginormous pockets for Mr Manuela and me.

Efemera

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2018, 09:18:02 AM »
Off to our monthly scrapbooking crop...I’m taking a Christmas quilt to finish.

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 09:25:41 AM »
Morning, all!  Gorgeous here again today :)  am about to go and shower and then do some quick baking for tomorrow - have a concert and we bribe our audience with wine and cake to come in and hear us  :devil:  then it's into the sewing room for a few blissful minutes to try and finish off the dress I'm doing.

Going to be glued to the telly this afternoon to see the end of the Rafa/Novak match and then it's off for rehearsal for yet another concert tonight.

Have a great day, everyone.  Imi, hope all goes well today.

xx

hernibs

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »
Morning all, a bit late up today, watched the tennis until 11 last night even though I was very tired after my day out in Norwich. Hope all goes well at the hospital @Iminei and that you get home OK afterwards. Blue skies and sunshine already, not sure what we'll do today, all I will manage is a gentle walk and a half of cider this afternoon :) I'm not bothered about the women's tennis final except that I would rather like Angelique Kerber to win ;). Enjoy youre Saturday whatever you are up to.
Me too silver rose....

maliw

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 09:58:07 AM »
Good morning, another lovely day. We have just been invited out for lunch by DSiL and the littlies, DS and family are going too so it will be a chance to caych up after our short break away. Looking out of the window about half an hour ago I have never seen so many sparrows in the garden at one time, there must have been about twenty - in a bird bath, a dish that normally holds a plant pot, the waterfall to the pond and in the ferns round the pond. We haven't had many sparrows for years, I think these must be this years broods, they have obviously done well. Good luck to them.
Hope all goes well @Iminei , if I lived closer I would have taken you and picked you up.
Have a good day everyone.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Fajita

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2018, 09:59:20 AM »
Morning.
After yesterday's torrential rain and thunderstorm it's feeling much fresher out there. Forecast a high of 25.

I've got a baby quilt appliquéd, and pinned. Deciding how to quilt it now.

The boys were at Goodwood yesterday for some car thing.
The football is on at three, England/Belgium for third place. Might watch that, depending what time the boys return.

Have a good day, all.

Lowena

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2018, 10:02:52 AM »
Hope all goes well @Iminei
I shall be finishing my cushion and listening to the cricket from 11am.
Mixture of sun and cloud here....don't take the sunshine with you @justpottering  pleeeaaase.
having a BBQ later so no cooking for me, looking forward to big flat bbqued mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese....yummy!
Off to water in the greenhouse before the cricket starts.......back later
Triumph of hope over experience :D