The Sewing Place

It's St. Val's Day doncha know?

Lowena

It's St. Val's Day doncha know?
« on: February 14, 2019, 04:13:03 AM »
Hi all. As you can see I am back from my sojourn in the land of The Singing Postman and Alan Partridge....aha!
The weather is set fair apparently and I have much to do on the clearing out the workshop front.
I really must get on with several Darkside projects   :sew: and It's imperative I finish the Kantha placemats  :thread:
Have a good day  and mind you dodge those love hearts as you wade through the stack of cards today  ;)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

Re: It's St. Val's Day doncha know?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 07:57:08 AM »
I don't do St  Valentine's day.  Actually, he's also a patron saint of beekeepers.
It's frosty here this morning so hopefully a nice day.  I can see my neighbours cows have held a dance in my garden  :S. There must be a gate open somewhere.  I've got some cakes to make today for a meeting this evening and we need to sort out the water for the sheep in the shed.  Apart from that I will go with the flow.
Have a good day all.
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 08:10:17 AM »
Morning all.
@Ploshkin a man once came to my door and asked if his cows were in my back garden. Surely I'd have noticed when I drove in...wouldn't I?!?!?  >< I had to go and look just in case!  0_0 They weren't.
Very mild here today. A balmy 8°.
I got a Valentine card. I left my colleague yesterday cutting out little hearts (busy much?!?!) and when I came in this morning there they were, on an envelope stuck to my monitor. I really need to give my handmaidens more to do. Slack boss!  <3
Enjoy your Thursday.
Fashion fades, style is forever!

justpottering

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 08:16:46 AM »
Morning everyone
It's foggy here and I don't have a view! I was meant to travel to Wales today to see dad, but I hate driving in the fog, well to be fair it's the way other people drive in the fog that I don't like - so I am now wondering if I should put it off, hereabouts you can't see your hand in front of your face as they say I've looked on weather sites and road condition sites and they all tell me what a lovely sunny day we're having  :S

I think I might go tomorrow instead, it's not imperative that I go today - so what shall I do instead - any ideas? I do need to get some baking in the freezer and I do have some sewing to do...………...

Have good days all whatever you get up to
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 08:24:16 AM »
Good morning,it is frosty and foggy here and only +3C but there is plenty of sunshine to come when the fog lifts. I am going to catch up with the chores this morning and this afternoon I am going to see "Colette" at the cinema and in a couple of weeks they are showing "Mary Queen of Scots" which I really would like to see. Have a good day.
Formerly known as Junemarie

Lyn-J

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 08:33:13 AM »
Morning all
foggy!
finishing off baby shirts this morning
Stash Busting 2019
Goal: 100 metres
So far: 0m metres

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 08:41:44 AM »
It's a grey and frosty St Valentine's Day for us, with the temp down to 2 degrees, from 7.5 yesterday.

Not much planned today, I'll just be going with what my sore eyes will let me do - although they feel a little less sore today.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:09 AM »
Sun shiny here today...slept OK until flashing blue lights and sirens woke me, we live in a small cul de sac so very unexpected. We don’t do Valentines either but off to Betty’s for lunch.

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 08:50:18 AM »
It's bright an sunny here, but signs on the cars and windows that it was frosty overnight. 

I'm doing an extra turn on the family history helpdesk this morning and this afternoon really should be a bit of tidying up - not real h*******k just putting lots of things back into their proper homes (and finding homes for some things!)

@justpottering if it's foggy where you are stay put in the warm, your oven and your sewing machine need their exercises.
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 08:50:49 AM »
Started nice with a card from Imself (tho the planet has been obliterated by freezing fog again), but went rapidly downhill when I spotted something on FB .... I HATE being lied to! It makes me feel worthless.

I will take this black cloud away from here , have nice days peeps ...... Over and out
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 09:07:52 AM »
Slept much better last night although I've woken feeling groggy and a bit queasy. I'm sure the feeling will pass.

Bright but chilly here but no fog for me.

Work for today will be shortening the sleeves on a jacket, and there are two pairs of trousers to shorten. Might just get the jacket done, and leave the trousers until tomorrow. I need to get the pageant dress hem pinned/tacked up for a fitting.

Sandra.
xxx

maliw

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »
Good morning, bright sunny and cold here, it looked lovely with the sunshine until I went out in a thinner coat (still windproof). My dentist appointment has been cancelled - less that half an hour before it was due - they hadn't given enough time for the proceedure, bet they would have been happy if I'd cancelled at such short notice. Not a bad thing altogether as I have an optician's appointment this afternoon and that involves eyedrops so I wasn't looking forward to drops with local anaesthetic on top of this morning. Have a good day.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2019, 10:34:37 AM »
It's a beautiful day here, when I went out with the little  :woof: I thought it was just like a summer's day - apart from the temperature, the grass was definitely crispy.

Must get off the computer looking at baby clothes and get on with tidying and cleaning, and hope my daughter arrives in time for lunch, we have a wonderful assortment of cheese  :P (that's a licking lips emoji obviously).

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 10:45:15 AM »
Oh @Iminei , don't feel worthless! It's them that lie to us that are worthless. Keep that straight.  :toast:

@Silver Rose I went to see "Mary Queen of Scots" last night! We have a discount theater that shows them just before the DVD comes out. OH saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" for the 5th time while I visited with the other Queen.  ;) I rather enjoyed the film but honestly, the theater was as cold as I imagine the moors of Scotland to be. No one took their coats off and I almost put the hood up on mine.

We sort of do V day, but light. I got him a card and a very small, cute chocolate cake. It's really for me but hey, that's how I roll!

Enjoy the day, with  <3 or without. No matter, I do  <3 TSP.
The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath. w.c. fields

Pearl

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »
Good morning, all.  Having a day off today. 

Hope to get lots of sewing done but have made a very slow start.  I'm sewing the binding to the back of DS's quilt.  He's going to Portsmouth for the weekend so hopefully the quilt will be on his bed before his return.  I'm catching up with the temperature quilt and hope to do more of my Spirals quilt.  (I notice that it took Iminei 20 days to make the Spiral Child.  So far it's taken me 454 days.   :P )

Have a good day.