The Sewing Place

Knitting For The Dolls

Ann

Re: Knitting For The Dolls
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
The test pattern for a private individual is complete and it quite cute. It fits well which is what I like.

I'm working on another one and am almost finished the second sleeve. This one has cables.

Ann

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 22:33:41 PM »
Another outfit done and this one is cute.

I'm going to be one happy camper when the yarn I have been using for testing is gone. I'm not a huge fan of it but the price was good. Once gone, I will buy some nicer yarn to knit with.

Celia

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 09:20:47 AM »
They are lovely, it’s not easy knitting with yarn you don’t like, you deserve better
  • Ann likes this

Ann

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »
@Celia, thank you for your kind words. I will use up the yarn as much as I dislike it. If the designer keeps pumping out the patterns using that size wool, it will be gone before I know it. If not, the full balls will go to goodwill next spring.

Ann

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2019, 21:34:16 PM »
I got another sweater set knit and used the same Downton Abbey yarn as before but the blue.

I went down a needle size and it fits the doll perfectly.  Now back knitting hats.

Ann

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 16:58:56 PM »
Another sweater using the Downton Abbey yarn. This time in grey. Cute pattern with two types of cables.

The stash of Down Abbey yarn is getting smaller. I have a hat to knit to go with this sweater and I may knit mittens also.

Ann

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 15:12:42 PM »
Hat is finished and photos taken.

I do like this set.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 18:47:39 PM »
I think the knitting you do for the dolls is absolutely lovely @Ann. I wish my daughters were still little :loveit:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:54:51 AM by coffeeandcake »

Ann

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 20:58:35 PM »
@coffeeandcake, our DD is in her 40's and we don't have a DGD. I do this for fun and may end up having to sell the excess. And, thank you for kind words about my knitting.

b15erk

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 11:28:34 AM »
Just love these outfits Ann!  One day I'll get the time and patience to clothe the dollies I bought in the summer!

Do you use any particular patterns? Or do you write your own?

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.