The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

annieeg

Re: Cover beach umbrella
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 08:02:58 AM »
Wow - that is very impressive

Sewing Chanel-Style

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2019, 15:21:02 PM »
Thank you, but really: it is just sewing the stuff together.  I copied the cover. I am sure everybody can do it. Also: the canvas fabrics are very easy to work with. 

Catllar

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2019, 16:53:06 PM »
That's lovely Marga dn you have a completely individual parasol. My most cumbersome thing recently has been a barbecue cover - himself had a gigantic barbecue complete with extra external burners, shelves and worktops. The cover I made from ripstop nylon.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sewing Chanel-Style

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2019, 17:27:20 PM »
That's lovely Marga dn you have a completely individual parasol. My most cumbersome thing recently has been a barbecue cover - himself had a gigantic barbecue complete with extra external burners, shelves and worktops. The cover I made from ripstop nylon.
Great!  All those covers for garden-stuff; they are usually very expensive. Nylon rip-stop is perfect for the job.

Lachica

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2019, 21:39:53 PM »
Lovely Marga. Many years ago (nearly 30 I reckon) I recovered our garden brolly. I don't think it was as big as yours but it was 8 sections and I bias bound the edges in a complementary colour. Then made seat cushions, back as well as seats, for our 6 patio chairs. Like you, I don't like to throw out things that don't rot down into landfill. It never occurred to me not to recover it. I would have bought the fabric as remnants, so cheap.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Sewing Chanel-Style

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 13:41:46 PM »
Lovely Marga. Many years ago (nearly 30 I reckon) I recovered our garden brolly. I don't think it was as big as yours but it was 8 sections and I bias bound the edges in a complementary colour. Then made seat cushions, back as well as seats, for our 6 patio chairs. Like you, I don't like to throw out things that don't rot down into landfill. It never occurred to me not to recover it. I would have bought the fabric as remnants, so cheap.

Sounds very good.  I already made the cushions and tablecloth a year ago, but they do not match anymore.  Next problem: making a matching set.  hahaha.  "You never stop sewing!?" asked a friend.  No ofcourse not.  I'll sew till my dying day because they is always something to sew....  haha.
Bias bound would have been wonderful, indeed. That always looks very chic.