The Sewing Place

Sew Direct ... never again

Efemera

Re: Sew Direct ... never again
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 12:34:07 PM »
I’ve just ordered a Vogue from Sew Direct.... hopefully it turns up.

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2019, 15:52:32 PM »
I ordered a pattern from Sew Direct on 28th May and it arrived today - 5th June. I think that's 6 working days (if you exclude Saturday). Not fast but OK.

On Indies, Style Arc seems to come up as one of the best. I have a heap of their patterns but have only managed to try out one so far which was, indeed, excellent!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Francesca

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2019, 18:42:00 PM »
I was so hoping the patterns would arrive today. I really wanted to sew the jacket for holiday and today was my last chance but alas, come home to no patterns :( It's been 2 weeks.
Stash Busting 2019
Sewn: 36.4m
Traded: 45.9m
Added: 41.9m
Up/down: -45.95m

Follow me on Instagram

Tamnymore

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2019, 18:47:17 PM »
What a shame - poor you -  but my goodness that really is ridiculous. My order arrived in 8 days (6 working days). I think the website says 3-5 working days for UK. Will you be able to call them tomorrow?
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Holly Berry

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2019, 19:28:08 PM »
I ordered one of the new release patterns that were supposed to be in mid May. I chased yesterday, but they hadn’t received them yet at Sew Direct. Perhaps the Parent Co. are having problems too.
Procrastination get behind me

Francesca

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2019, 22:07:41 PM »
What a shame - poor you -  but my goodness that really is ridiculous. My order arrived in 8 days (6 working days). I think the website says 3-5 working days for UK. Will you be able to call them tomorrow?

Not really much point as I'm going on holiday tomorrow. They said it was only prepared on Monday. I was hopeful that it might be quick to arrive but I expect it'll come next week. They didn't package/prepare the order until 8 days after the order was placed.
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

Francesca

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2019, 22:09:56 PM »
I ordered one of the new release patterns that were supposed to be in mid May. I chased yesterday, but they hadn’t received them yet at Sew Direct. Perhaps the Parent Co. are having problems too.

This is interesting as I have ordered a new release one. I wonder if they don't have it and are stalling.

When I asked them why they didn't put anything up saying there was a delay due to being busy (I would've ordered the one I really wanted from elsewhere if I'd known) the reply was:

The delivery time was not stated that we are experiencing a high volume of orders, this would be the managements decision.

Really helpful thanks.
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

Holly Berry

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »
I’ve just looked the pattern up on Jaycotts and Sew Essential and they don’t have it either. If they get them from Sew Direct, they are obviously delayed from the States  >:)

I think, that Simplicity have taken over VB&M. It would make sense not to take orders until they have the patterns.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:16:12 AM by Holly Berry »

Francesca

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 13:25:48 PM »
Well they finally arrived! Just too late for me to sew but oh well...

However, despite ordering on the 24th May the postage that was stuck onto the package was dated to YESTERDAY. So they literally only packaged it yesterday...
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

Holly Berry

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 13:33:24 PM »
Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow.

annieeg

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2019, 09:10:35 AM »
I ordered some pattern paper from Sew Direct about 10 days ago and so far it hasn't turned up (although they took the payment right away).
I rang this morning to follow up on it and they said the item was "out of stock".   ><
Isn't it usual for a website to tell you its out of stock at the time you place the order ?
Annie

Gernella

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2019, 19:03:52 PM »
Normally @annieeg it wouldn't even take your order never mind your money.  They have gone from heroes to zero.  Totally incompetent.  In the past patterns needed a day at most to arrive, now it is true old fashioned snail mail. 
Stash extension 2019 - 26  meters
Daren't put used, too pitiful but I am keeping count