The Sewing Place

Tuesday 9th July

WildAtlanticWay

Tuesday 9th July
« on: July 09, 2019, 07:32:00 AM »
Misty with some sunshine. Likely to be scorchio.

Day off from driving to the city today so will meet a couple of friends in town for coffee, do some shopping, cleaning and hopefully, cutting out...

I washed the Ponte Roma fabric and it’s fraying very slightly on the edges so I’m going to have to overlock it after all. The pattern suggested that you cut and left the edges but if I do that, i don’t think it will look very nice. I’ve got some Brothread embroidery thread so I might try that in the overlocker to see if it works ok and whether it will look nicer on the finished cardigan than plain blue polyester.

Manuela

Re: Tuesday 9th July
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 07:42:13 AM »
It’s sunny here and there is a nice breeze. This is day 2 of appliquéing fishes, 4 more to go. I probably make a dress before I start with the second quarter of the quilt....
I finished the university assignment and handed it in this morning, phew. There are another 4 weeks in this module and the last 1000-word assigment is still shrouded in mystery  :S

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 08:24:32 AM »
Dull and damp here...

Helen M

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 08:28:29 AM »
Dull here as well. Have the decorator starting today with our bedroom so everything is spread all over the place. I'll be glad when it's finished!
Stash Busting 2019
Goal: 30 metres
So far: 5m metres

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 08:54:23 AM »
Damp, overcast and cool here too.  :S

Blouse cut out and I'm going to find some time to do some work on it today. Work is quiet, so nothing to stop me really.

Got a 70th birthday party to go to on Saturday, so need to figure out what I'm wearing.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Manuela

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »
Dull here as well. Have the decorator starting today with our bedroom so everything is spread all over the place. I'll be glad when it's finished!

I know the feeling well, the contractor is in since last Monday - at least the drilling noise stopped.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 09:35:23 AM »
G'morning a lovely lie-in s'morning until 7.40, up and done the usual  :woof:  :woof: walk using a new double lead technique on Max who can be an uncontrollable a**ehole at times. He got the gist  ;)

Today I'm seeing my bestie for coffee and cake so I'll catch up on cleaning this morning while the weather is cool. Then anything else that comes along, same as every day  :)

Have a good day all
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 09:36:03 AM »
Good morning, dull and coolish here too, I've been to the gym and swim so feel energised, just as well really as my friend and I will be clearing all the rubbish out of the shed into a skip. After that I don't have any plans, probably need another shower as the shed is a bit cobwebby. Have a good day.
Still learning

Nevis5

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 09:55:05 AM »
Hi all.  Dull here too.  Rain later I think.  I've got the washing out so it will probably be sooner than later  :[

Feeling rubbish today.  I seem to have had hay fever or some other allergy for months and my ears are sore and blocked.  Getting to see a nurse or doctor in this town is like pulling teeth but I think I'm going to try and get an appointment for some time before Christmas if I can. 

I've had to take my car back into the garage today to get a perished tube of some sort replaced.  Hopefully that'll be back later. In the meantime I'm contemplating doing a quick swish round with the hoover and then I want to finish off the skirt I've been making.  I think the tennis should be good today so want to get as much done as poss this morning so I can settle down with a bowl of strawberries later.

Have a good one everyone x

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »
Dull and cool here :( Off to a NT in a bit
Triumph of hope over experience :D

hernibs

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »
Morning - notice I didn't say Good Morning - it is bucketing here over in the West....and has been for some time....and most of yesterday as well.
Trying to make the hair presentable at the moment then off to see my housebound person for a short time - has to be this morning again as I made an appointment for my former boss and his wife (Joyce had to tidy her room and hoover..augh!) who are having a small do to celebrate their 60th Anniversary...want hand written invitations - and the do is on 7th August....gosh, that's close!!  All the attendees know when it is but this 'invitation' is just 'confirmatory' as it were...his word....will have a photo on it so probably meant as a keepsake....do they already have stationery.....if so can I even write on it......if thy dont ......dont want to think about that.....time will tell.
That's my day sorted never mind that Wimbeldon is ongoing.....only got to see Today at Wimbeldon last night...probably the same tonight.

jintie

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 11:18:07 AM »
I finished off a pair of Cutting Line Designs trousers (about the sixth pair) that I started months ago - I dyed some oatmeal linen with a cocoa dye and it turned out mustard(?) so I will have to tone that down with a white top. Then I replaced the pad inside a washed cushion cover and sewed it back together. I hope this burst of activity isn't a flash in the pan!
Yesterday I cut out an Issey Miyake top (1386) that I first made in the 1990s. Let's hope the jigsaw mystery of construction clears as I sew it.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »
Another dull grey, but warm(ish) day here, no rain though.

I've already been busy, cutting out doggy toys, I've now had my coffee, so back to the sewing room to start sewing them.

fajita

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 12:00:35 PM »
Morning. its a grand day for an ear ache. Not too bad, paracetamol keeping it in check. Have been to work. Now contemplating the sewing room, can't settle on a project.

Have a good day.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 12:26:57 PM »
Afternoon all.  Not too bad here.  Sun trying to break through the clouds but it is warm. 
Quick visit to Waitrose this morning and then a coffee.   Have no other definite plans.  Maybe a bit of tennis....watching that is!   :)