The Sewing Place

It’s Saturday!!! 13th July

hernibs

Re: It’s Saturday!!! 13th July
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2019, 22:45:58 PM »
I didn't get to watch the qualifying....DH told me the result but I'm not disclosing it to you....I know how hard it is to avoid hearing/seeing the news....can't even look at Google on the phone in case it pops up.
I'm over the moon that Ms Halep won Wimbeldon - just totally over the moon.  Looking forward to final tomorrow...for those who follow tennis, who do you think will win....just for fun!

Ellabella

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2019, 23:18:15 PM »
Long day quilt wrangling.

Finally finished at about 11.00pm, went down stairs. into kitchen

Tall glass - check
   Gin - check
   Lemon - check
   Ice - check

No b****y tonic!!!!

>:) :angry: :devil:

Sulking now.
Stash reductions 2019 30.5m
Stash additions 2019 46m

Lowena

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2019, 23:44:44 PM »
Novak for me @hernibs I don't follow the tennis but do keep abreast of who's playing who in the semis and final.
We will be glued to the cricket on the radio as we'd rather listen than watch so we can get on with things at the same time. In my case that means finishing painting the shed  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 09:21:52 AM »
@hernibs

Think will win - Djokovic
Hope will win - Federer

hernibs

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 09:52:30 AM »
@hernibs

Think will win - Djokovic
Hope will win - Federer

Ditto!!

hernibs

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 09:53:37 AM »
Novak for me @hernibs I don't follow the tennis but do keep abreast of who's playing who in the semis and final.
We will be glued to the cricket on the radio as we'd rather listen than watch so we can get on with things at the same time. In my case that means finishing painting the shed  :D

Trust England can do it.....even though I like NZ, as I have said.  Believe the covers are off already...heard that on the news at 9 00 am.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
I’m hoping Federer will win too.  So glad Nadal went out.  I cannot bear watching him.  Before every serve he has an annoying habit of touching his hair, his nose and ears.  And it annoys the hell out of me.   :angry:  not to mention he makes the same noises the girls do. 

justpottering

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 10:37:21 AM »
I want federer to win as well  <3
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Nevis5

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2019, 10:38:30 AM »
I agree, I would love Federer to win today but I think Djokovic has the stronger serve which often wins the match (think Sampras).   Was pleased at yesterday's result too even though I missed seeing it :( 

I like Rafa!  I don't mind his tics and twitches (as one of the commentators said on Friday  :D ) - he's been doing it so long he's probably not even aware he does it.  And he's a lot quieter than some of the players.  But that's only my opinion  :loveit:

Greybird

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
@twopence I think the whole F1 race is live on Channel 4 -only for the British one.

hernibs

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 13:52:54 PM »
Yes, F1 on 4.... I shall watch the start of the F1 and then go watch tennis on the computer. May the best in all of the sports today win... hope for all of you following cricket that England can do it.

Lowena

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2019, 15:05:46 PM »
Touch and go @hernibs it's that middling sort of score  -<
Come on Lewis and Novak........ but I'd sacrifice them for a World Cup win  :devil: :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

hernibs

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 15:12:32 PM »
Each to her own.... Novak's got the first set.....

Anyone see Marika Federer's dress...the fabric seems summery bit the lace on the yoke is so not my taste...like something out of the sixties.....poor woman is a bag of nerves.

justpottering

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 15:36:49 PM »
I thought the same @hernibs

Why does Novak have to bounce the ball so many times when he serves???? It gets on my nerves  ><
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

hernibs

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 15:43:49 PM »
There are very few tennis players who don't have irritating ways of preparing to serve.

Just also noticed that Roger's mother who is sitting behind his father has a beautiful top on ....bet I couldn't afford it should I even know where it came from!