The Sewing Place

Upholstery fat quarters

sewmuchmore

Upholstery fat quarters
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:37:30 AM »
I am getting a tuffet kit for Christmas and would like to use upholstery fabric.
Does anyone know any online shops that sell fat quarters of upholstery fabric?

Hope this is the right place, should it have gone in fun with fabrics or house beautiful?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Sewbusy

Re: Upholstery fat quarters
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 10:00:17 AM »
Depends on what fabric you prefer to use, plain, patterned or content, wool, heavy cotton, damask, brocade?

Dunhelm used to have a good 'rummage bin' with various  fabrics, larger packs/remnants were packaged with sizes and prices. It's a while since I went there but worth a look if there's a branch near you.

Or good old eBay, but their 'search' facility is somewhat lacking! However, you could start somewhere like this.https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_osacat=28162&_odkw=fat+quarters+wool&_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xwool.TRS0&_nkw=wool&_sacat=28162

If you know which colours you want, may be easier but then you sort of limit yourself.

Good luck with searching and sourcing.

Greybird

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »
I don't, but our local fabric shop sells off those long hanging samples cheaply. There will probably be quite a few in the January sale if you have any suitable shops near you. Laura Ashley sell theirs off too.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 16:41:00 PM »
Your local interior Design shop (we have Moda in BF) will have lots of offcuts, ends of rolls and discontinued sample books they will sell off ....

I have some ribbed velour type fabric samples  in gorgeous colours and am planning  :[  on making a lap quilt with those and  some silks, velvets etc really random, really simple but just luscious ... maybe in 2020
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

StitchinTime

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 16:46:49 PM »
You could try searching for "upholstery sample book" on ebay, though some pieces might not be big enough.