Hello I'm new

Surest1tch

Re: Hello I'm new
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 20:41:09 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too @Michelle  :D

BrendaP

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 21:07:34 PM »
Welcome to TSP.  I'm sure we will be able to learn a few things about FMQ, tapestry weaving and acquiring VSMs from you.   0_0
Keep posting!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Michelle

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 08:37:34 AM »
Thank you all for your lovely welcome.  I'll definitely keep you posted on my tapestry weaving along with the embroidery I create.  I'm currently working on a commission for the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust - an A3 free-motion embroidered piece - I foresee lots of thread being used. I look forward to taking part in the forum discussions.  <3 :thread:

Ploshkin

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 09:15:44 AM »
Welcome @Michelle If sounds as though you do some interesting stuff, I look forward to learning more about it.
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 09:20:50 AM »
Hi there @Michelle !

A big welcome from me too - although it's a bit late. 

Look forward to seeing your projects - and your machines - I have one or two myself...  ;)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Nevis5

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2020, 13:26:59 PM »
Welcome @Michelle  from me, too  :toast: !  your work sounds fascinating - please do post photos if you get a chance!

Kenora

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 11:13:20 AM »
Hi @Michelle - I'm a bit late but welcome from me too. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

sewingj

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 19:00:52 PM »
@Michelle   I`d love to see what you are doing for the Birthplace Trust.  I`m 3 miles east of Stratford - but about to abandon Warwickshire for Glos

Michelle

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »
Hi @sewingj - apologies if this posts to everyone, but I'm still working out how to reply to single posts.  The Birthplace Trust work is for Anne Hathaway's cottage and I'm producing an A3 free-motion embroidered illustration of the house and gardens.  Not many flowers at this point - my deadline is June so that's ok.  I'm writing a blog about my, feel free to take a look and comment

Link removed in accordance with TSP membership agreement......

I also have a website that has examples of my work and commissions that I've done (one was a 3.5m x 7m hand-painted silk backdrop for a dance company - madness!).  Leaving Warwickshire for Glos sounds like an exciting venture.   :D

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:05:23 AM by Iminei »

sewingj

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 11:12:50 AM »
@Michelle   apologies - I shouldn`t have asked to see your work just yet.  I must admit that I had forgotten about the rules for new members!  However - I have tracked you down on the internet and your work is stunning so please do share it with TSP as soon as you are able

(I hope you won`t be put off by this rule - unfortunately we have had people taking advantage of the forum in the past)

Michelle

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi, not a problem - just getting used to this site and didn't really think.  I'm also trying to work out how to reply to individual messages.  I'll get there eventually and hopefully, the admin will understand it was an honest mistake. I just thought because my website link was on my profile it was the same thing. I'm just pleased to be with like-minded people. 

Iminei

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 12:35:10 PM »
Panic not @Michelle  ...

We completely understand and there is no problem at all ... two weeks will fly by and you'll be up to 25 posts in no time and then you can add links to your hearts desire.

Im particularly interested in your embroidery and look forward to seeing some examples.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again