The Sewing Place

Husqvarna Mega Quilter

Acorn

Re: Husqvarna Mega Quilter
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2020, 18:21:13 PM »
It's a high shank, but it seems to be relevant that it's a straight stitch only machine, and also high speed.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2020, 18:51:46 PM »
I have a Juki 89 TLP straight stitch super fast that’s a high shank I think the walking foot would fit yours.

Celia

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2020, 18:55:35 PM »
Aaagh!   :headbang:

I want to get a walking foot for my Megaquilter.  I found what I think is the correct foot on the Sew Essential website, labelled as being for the Janome 1600P QC.  I contacted them to check before ordering it, and they replied that you cannot put a Janome foot on a Husqvarna machine because feet are never interchangeable between brands, that Viking has confirmed this, and that feet are no longer made for the Megaquilter.

Well, my 1/4 in foot is branded Janome, and, as I understand it, the Janome1600P QC and the Husqvarna Megaquilter (and the Pfaff Grand Quilter) are identical machines, made in the same factory at the same time with only a few cosmetic differences.

Can someone just back me up on this while I go looking elsewhere for a Janome 1600P QC walking foot?

@Acorn     Yes you are right it will fit, no question the fittings are identical.

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 19:10:54 PM »
Thank you @Celia!  I am very surprised as Sew Essential.

@Efemera I think there is also a Juki and a Brother that are identical machines.  I will look into it - thank you.

Celia

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 19:17:00 PM »
@Acorn I have often been given the wrong information about both the Husqvarna mega quilter, Janome 1600 and also the Pfaff grade quilter all use the same feet etc.

I have been sold the wrong bobbins for my 1600 before now even though I have ordered them specificity for this machine I got the plastic Janome ordinary bobbins.  :headbang:

Acorn

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 19:21:24 PM »
Urgh @Celia - I need some more bobbins.  I will beware!

I've just found a listing for a walking foot that says it will fit:

Viking Mega Quilter

Juki TL98E TL98Q Quilter

Brother Quilter PQ1300 PQ1500

New Home 1600P-DB

Pfaff Grand Quilter

... which I guess means any feet fitting one of these machines will fit all the others...?

(It's a US site - I'm assuming that New Home = Janome, and I know that Viking = Husqvarna)

Gernella

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2020, 19:47:04 PM »
I got my extra bobbins for the Grand Quilter from Cowlings at Lincoln.  I think I used the Ebay shop.  I've also purchased a buttonhole foot from Sewing Machine Sales Ebay shop.  I could have done with it for my trouser zip insertion at the crotch end, the fabric was a bit thick and the machine I was using struggled.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Lowena

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 20:04:50 PM »
I was told that only Brother accessories fit Brother machines.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Celia

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2020, 21:24:04 PM »
@Lowena in general you are right but the machines we have been talking about are straight stitch machines that are all made on the same frame and marketed by different companies.

Acorn

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2020, 10:01:15 AM »
I had a nice second reply from Sew Essential, saying that in that case the machine will be a category C. 

Now whenever I've seen the listings of machine categories the straight stitchers seem to be in a category by themselves.  However, if it is a Cat C there are lots of other things available... does anybody know?

Gernella

Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Kad

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2020, 11:19:25 AM »
@Acorn

The Janome part number for the Even Feed foot that fits their 1600P machine is : 767403016 whereas the Even Feed feet that fit their other sewing machines all have part numbers beginning with 21 or 20. So perhaps there's a significant difference between them.
Hope this helps?

The Janome accessories catalogue also states that 'MC1600P series dies not use standard needles and only those listed ( HL type needles ) should be used.
This catalogue list other extras : concealed zip foot,ditch quilting foot, narrow straight stitch foot, taping foot, ultra glide foot, velvet foot, adjustable zipper foot, 1/4" seam foot, convertible free-motion quilting foot, embroidery/darning foot, narrow straight stitch foot all with part numbers that differ from those for the other sewing machines.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 11:23:39 AM by Kad »
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Celia

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2020, 11:25:52 AM »

Acorn

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »
Thank you all so much.

... and I've just had an email from GUR saying categorically that Janome 1600 accessories will not fit the Megaquilter - and they sold me a 1/4 inch foot for it a couple of months ago, which works perfectly!

Sewing Machine Sales, however, have a walking foot on their website that is listed as fitting the Janome 1600P, the Megaquilter, and the Pfaff Grand Quilter.  It looks as though they and Frank Knutt are the ones who know what they're talking about!

Gernella

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2020, 16:33:11 PM »
Nearly £60 seems a lot of money for a walking foot, my zip foot (which I said was a buttonhole foot) was £24.50 from Sewing Machine  Sales.  I know you pay more for a walking foot but that seems a bit pricey. :S

Amazon have one sold by S Nutt £49.00.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 16:34:44 PM by Gernella »