The Sewing Place

Hot weather clothing and bedding

Lilian

Re: Hot weather clothing and bedding
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 13:35:16 PM »
I recently bought a new bed and mattress, the mattress has a thick wool topper.  This keeps my temperature even, no more sweaty nights  :)  I love it  :loveit:
Willing but not always able :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2020, 14:24:13 PM »
@UttaRetch do you have memory foam!

UttaRetch

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 15:10:05 PM »
No, but I have too much bedding.  I am looking around to see where I can stash the quilt and heated mattress cover.  My bedroom floor is covered with big boxes of Venetian blind and the only other large space, is also occupied. I suppose I could bag them up and leave on the sewing room floor.

Missie

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2020, 15:23:22 PM »
A friend of mine whose daugher is was married to a black Zimbabwean man said that he always had his own coloured towels because no matter how well he washed his hands, or any other part of his body, teeny bits of skin came of when rubbed leaving dark brown marks on the towels.  I guess that's true for everyone, it just doesn't show so much with pale skin.

Hmm, that sounds a bit suspect to me!  We all have our own specific coloured bath towels and mine are a dark purple.  I don't leave white streaks/marks on my towels (and believe me, I am really fair-skinned, a couple of notches above blue!)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 17:06:45 PM by Missie »

wrenkins

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2020, 20:50:39 PM »
I do! With my heels!  :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2020, 21:11:27 PM »
@wrenkins is that because of dry hard skin on your heels?

wrenkins

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2020, 21:13:48 PM »
Might be @Lilian ?!?!?!  :ninja:

My husband once asked me why I got into bed with my slippers on.

Funniest man I know!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2020, 21:31:39 PM »
Might be @Lilian ?!?!?!  :ninja:

My husband once asked me why I got into bed with my slippers on.

Funniest man I know!  0_0

Slippers ?  :)

My podiatrist told me to use my foot file and the plaster Vaseline all over your feet, put on socks and the next day they are smooth and silky. It really works  :thumbsup:

wrenkins

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2020, 22:13:27 PM »
I thought he was going to say socks but he said slippers referring to my hooves!  0_0
I have tried everything. I have to be careful what shoes I wear too. My Merrell trainers that I bought for work went to the charity shop.  ><