The Sewing Place

Pfaff machine model equivalent to Janome Atelier 6

annieeg

Pfaff machine model equivalent to Janome Atelier 6
« on: July 01, 2020, 16:01:08 PM »
Does anyone know which model of Pfaff might be equivalent to Janome Atelier 6?

Gernella

Re: Pfaff machine model equivalent to Janome Atelier 6
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 16:40:58 PM »
Does anyone know which model of Pfaff might be equivalent to Janome Atelier 6?

@annieeg SMD have tool where you can insert your needs/options.  Try that and see what's left that might give you an idea.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

coffeeandcake

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 16:54:51 PM »
@annieeg   I think the Expression 710 looks fairly close though I suspect most machines have something that others do or don't have. It depends on which aspects are most imprtant to you -obvs IDT is the most important thing IMO :loveit:

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 17:21:37 PM »
I had a very nice chat with Dave at SMD and he suggest a 610 might be an option or the 730. 
I've put the atelier up for sale on here to see if I get any interest - otherwise I suppose I must try FB or eBay ...
I'm going to wait until I've got a definite buyer first as I've neither the space nor the spare cash to fund another machine purchase.
Thanks again for the feedback.
Annie  :)

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 22:29:41 PM »
Now you have made me really envious @annieeg, my Expression is now 11 years old so expecting trouble I'd picked out the 620 (just in case), purely because it had an automatic thread cutter.  The IDT is hard to ignore no matter where I lust.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 23:03:37 PM »
@Gernella
I think I must be odd because I'm fairly indifferent to the automatic thread cutter feature. It's useful but something I can definitely live without - whereas I, too, lust after the IDT on the Pfaff.   :D

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »
Well I've got one on my Mega Quilter @annieeg so I've got used to having it, occasionally.  I don't like using the cutter on the machine and I always seem to lose either my little scissors or the numerous snips I have.

Ten to one it will be  sods law that if it does decide to give up the  ghost or need a lot spending on it,  I shall be short of money.  I'm really good at planning for the future though. ;)

Kenora

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
I have an automatic thread cutter on my newest machine but don't use it. I prefer to cut the threads a little longer. But I'd love to try out the IDT - I use my walking foot a lot but like the sound of the IDT. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath