The Sewing Place

ISO older Pfaff with IDT

annieeg

ISO older Pfaff with IDT
« on: July 03, 2020, 15:29:15 PM »
I am looking for an older Pfaff with IDT made in Germany to buy.
It can be mechanical with small selection of stitches or electronic with mire stitch options.
If anyone knows of one available I'd love to hear from them.
Thanks in advance.

Celia

Re: ISO older Pfaff with IDT
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 15:41:17 PM »
This is a very good option but do be careful with an electronic one as most of them cannot be repaired anymore or if they can the cost is prohibitive. 

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 16:09:48 PM »
What are ISO and IDT?

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 16:27:02 PM »
@UttaRetch
ISO  In Search Of

IDT  Integrated Dual Feed (feature if Pfaff sewing machine)

0_0

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 17:51:01 PM »
I have a Pfaff Select 4 @annieeg , which has 40 stitches, IDT and needle threader (which does  work well even for me) but few needle positions. It's a nice machine and good with some fussy fabrics, but it doesn't have any great space under the foot and while it does sew really well I am pleased to get back to its big brother.  Whether the older ones are similar, no idea and some are asking silly prices. 

As for electronic one, the older they get the more chance of problems, but even so some are asking silly prices for machines older than my Expression 2.  I'm sure you could probably find an older machine which would last as long as you wanted it but I would be spitting feathers if I had to spend on money it before I considered I had my money's worth.

I suppose a lot depends on your budget for this.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Deafoldbat

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 19:21:23 PM »
If you can find one, a Pfaff Tiptronic 6230. IDT, mechanical stitch selection, feed dogs will drop, needle up/down, zigzag etc. Mine is about 25 years old - no I will not part with it - it is my back up machine and it works very well. They were overtaken by a later version with electronics - not so good, as everytime you sewed if you brushed against the selection buttons the needle position would shift :rolleyes:

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 19:56:57 PM »
@annieeg, thanks. 

I keep seeing threads on Pattern review that begin ISO usually relating to fabric.  I just assumed it was some sort of technical fabric of which I had never heard.  0_0