The Sewing Place

GBSB Pattern, need help please

b15erk

GBSB Pattern, need help please
« on: May 12, 2017, 13:44:19 PM »
This may seem like a daft question, but I need a picture of one of the patterns made on GBSB.

I've Googled and googled, but I can't find a picture of this dress.  I've printed it off having downloaded it ages ago, and it looks like what I want as a base for Dorothy, but I could do with seeing what it looks like made up.

It's just called the Girls Dress pattern, and all it shows is the size and grainlines really.  I have no idea if there are s/a's, but I can work that out.

I'm sure it will be OK without a picture, but I guess I just need some context.  I know, I'm being a wuss, and procratinating, but if you could help, I would be grateful.  ;)

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

Re: GBSB Pattern, need help please
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 14:00:47 PM »
Was it in the series with the amazing Chinello??

Was it this one ?

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 14:03:39 PM »
Imi, you absolute Star!!  Yes that's the one!  Just right for what I want.

Just need to figure out S/A's, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thank you so much!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 14:10:09 PM »
Sorry IM, :(, spoke too soon....

It's not the one.  This one has straps.

Not to worry....  ;)

Jessie

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 14:12:19 PM »
Do you know which series, Jessie?

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 14:19:15 PM »
No, sorry UR.  There is very little information on the pattern at all. It's quite frustrating, I just want to see how it fits really, so that I know what alterations I need to make.

Jessie

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 14:21:32 PM »
There is an absolutely miniscule photo of a strappy girl's dress from GBSB here.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 14:31:12 PM »
Acorn, I believe that's it.  Thank you so much for finding it.  There is no indication on the pattern about the waist position, or where the straps should be placed.  I now have a better idea.

Is it me though, or does the skirt look as if it has 2 pleats in it?

Jessie

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 14:36:29 PM »
It's really difficult to tell - it could just be folds from the way it's hanging.  The one made by the blogger doesn't have any pleats - but of course she could have adapted it. 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 14:46:39 PM »
I don't know why I'm wondering about the skirt, I only needed to look at the top for my Dorothy purposes. ;)

That tiny picture has helped a lot, thanks Acorn!

Just working out my bindings and strap positions....

Toiling tonight!!

Jessie