The Sewing Place

That Green Zara Dress

Acorn

Re: That Green Zara Dress
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 10:15:36 AM »
I think it basically depends on how thick the main fabric is, and how thick you want the lining to be - nothing wring with using the same for both as long as the relative weights work.

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

eluceo

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 21:44:03 PM »
@rachel. I used the term self lining exaclty as you thought - used the fashion fabric as the lining.  For me it was a mistake because the fabric is rather thick which created a turn of the cloth issue which I always forget about.  It is also making the bodice rather hot - ugh. 

Using the fashion fabric as a lining is not always a problem so don't be discouraged from using it.   :D  Just think carefully about how it will effect the final garment. 

eluceo

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 20:29:02 PM »
So, I finished.  I tore the entire dress apart  :facepalm: and replaced the lining with a cotton lawn.  Oh well, it is much better now.  Of course I ran out of thread just at the end. 

Regardless of the mishaps, I am pleased with the dress and plan to wear it next week on one of my jaunts into the office. 

Catllar

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 22:09:37 PM »
That's a great hack! Love that colour.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 08:09:01 AM »
I am pleased with the dress and plan to wear it next week on one of my jaunts into the office.
We want to see it worn @eluceo0_0

snoozi soozi

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 11:49:23 AM »
It looks great @eluceo beeyootiful colour. (I should perhaps point out that I love all colours, except grey and black  :) )
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

sewmuchmore

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 18:18:30 PM »
Love the sleeves, not sure that the cat is impressed tho'
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet