The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Mr Twingo

Re: Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2023, 17:08:11 PM »
So was I  :facepalm:

It seems the problems were caused by overnight maintenance by our TSO, out web host. The work should have finished by 5 o'clock this morning, but obviously there was something still going on.

Nothing I could do about it, I'm afraid.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2023, 18:45:23 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, Mr Twingo  :)

Sheilago

« Reply #302 on: November 23, 2023, 08:03:36 AM »
I don’t know if it’s just me @Mr Twingo , but I twice tried to put up a post this morning on the Wednesday sewing club thread ( with a photo) and when I clicked ‘post’ I just got a blank page and no post was put up. Everything seemed as normal until that point. I don’t want to try again in case I end up with 3 posts all the same.

PS Interestingly this one worked  ::thinks::

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2024, 10:58:03 AM »
@Mr Twingo - lots of people are having problems - "Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
"

I've had to keep re-loading page to get here to post this - if it does eventually post...

Mr Twingo

« Reply #304 on: April 28, 2024, 11:04:03 AM »
I thought I'd fixed it earlier this morning… Back on to resolving it now!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2024, 12:22:16 PM »
I've had problems earlier but am back in now, now to see if this comment will post.....

Greybird

« Reply #306 on: April 28, 2024, 13:48:56 PM »
Still having problems!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #307 on: April 28, 2024, 15:08:26 PM »
Seems to be going ok for me now, thank you Mr Twingo for poking around in the innards and making it work  :)

Bjay

« Reply #308 on: April 28, 2024, 16:22:19 PM »
I'm in  :pics now obvs but have been having problems most of the day
 :(
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

So Chic

« Reply #309 on: April 28, 2024, 16:46:28 PM »
I can login but cannot post as it states server busy
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

TangledBloke

« Reply #310 on: April 28, 2024, 17:58:56 PM »
Still utterly infuriating here. Probably an average of three refreshes needed per successful page load.  :headbang:

I'm glad someone's looking at it though, and I hope you find that little gremlin soon.  :toast:

BrendaP

« Reply #311 on: April 28, 2024, 20:15:39 PM »
@TangledBloke there is a Facebook page called The Sewing Place Life Raft which only gets posted to when there are gremlins in the works.  It's been quite active this weekend.

Hopefully the forum has been sorted now, fingers and toes crossed, as I've got in now OK but it wasn't working properly earlier to day.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

TangledBloke

« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2024, 21:04:45 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Brenda.  :toast:

I won't be straying there though, as I don't use InstaTwitFaceSnapTube. I'm allergic to data harvesters, they bring me out in tantrums.  :P

Greybird

« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2024, 23:15:34 PM »
@TangledBloke I don't much like Facebook either, but the page @BrendaP  mentioned came about for a very good reason. Many of us here were members of another sewing forum a few years ago which had the plug pulled on it overnight leaving us wandering, lost in the wilderness. Gradually, over time, some members managed to find others and The Sewing Place came about. It took some time for many members to find it. As a precaution against such a thing ever happening again, the Liferaft was launched. It isn't necessary to use the FB page on a regular basis - it is just that, a liferaft for use in an emergency.

TangledBloke

« Reply #314 on: Yesterday at 00:30:16 »
@Greybird I understand completely, and it's a very sensible thing to have set up. I don't have any stalker media social media accounts anywhere though, so it wouldn't be available to me.

Please don't take my disdain for Facebook et al, as a sneer at the Liferaft though, or the people who may be on it. I just try to avoid/minimise exposure to certain corporate entities, such as Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc. It is certainly limiting in a great many ways, but I do feel happier for it. That's a big part of why I like "analogue" hobbies such as knitting and sewing. It's unplugged.