The Sewing Place

Brother embroidery machine

sewmuchmore

Brother embroidery machine
« on: August 22, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
Someone, sorry forgot who and have hunted high and low for the thread, mentioned they had come into some money and was considering buying an embroidery machine but only had £500 budget?
Well i have just come across this for £550 but collect only from the Midlands.
Any good?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

fajita

Re: Brother embroidery machine
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 08:56:44 AM »
It was @Surest1tch I think.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 09:32:26 AM »
That Elvis's brother ... A nice lil machine.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 09:52:03 AM »
It looks very sleek and tasty looking, I suspect I would need to go back to sewing school for that one, not for someone with builder's hands.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 14:03:39 PM »
@Iminei & @fajita thank you, that looks like a nice machine, it's too far away to go and have a look at it but I've contacted the seller and asked if they'd consider courier if I arranged it, if they agree, who are the best couriers to use please. I've used Hermes & DPD in the past and wouldn't use either of them again as both machines have been damaged by them. The machines @annieeg sent to tartan paint look like they got to him in good condition.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 14:07:27 PM by Surest1tch »

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 15:43:51 PM »
@Surest1tch
The brother I sent to @TartanPaint had the  original packing and I taped the box up very securely.  The Pfaff was heavier and I used a 12 botttle wine box from a wine delivery I had in which the machine fitted reasonably tightly and I had several layers of packing around it.  I secured the needle plates with masking tape.
Again the external box had several rounds of brown parcel tape.
I think someone mentioned in a previous post that they had good experience with TNT.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 16:04:46 PM »
@Surest1tch hope it works out ok for you, glad someone remembered who it was that was looking.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 20:39:27 PM »
Thank you @annieeg & @sewmuchmore, I haven't heard back from the seller yet but it is the weekend.

TartanPaint

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »
@annieeg

You might have included a bottle of wine....

:)

Kidding aside the machines were packaged immaculately. Everything that could wiggle or jiggle had been taped down or bagged and taped. I'm dreading my next courier quote. I'm currently on the hunt for a steam press. I feel like I'm on an odyssey or a pilgrimage of sorts. At the end I'll find the best ironing device.

:P
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 09:41:33 AM »
The seller has added a few more pictures ...

One shows it as having a stitch count of 1,625,459 .... Would you categorise that as low, Peeps???
Accessories include a pair of scissors and tape measure, some used threads, the Brother 7 x 5 hoop (I assume) a generic hoop and surprisingly a Brother 12 x 5 hoop ... which is extraordinary as the 750E only has a 7 x 5  E.area ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

TartanPaint

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 10:03:53 AM »
Thank you @annieeg & @sewmuchmore, I haven't heard back from the seller yet but it is the weekend.

@Surest1tch

If it helps I've had great service from UPS. I've used them for work over many years and have had few, if any, issues with them. I use my personal account to get all sorts of rubbish picked up from all over the country and dropped off to me. They offer various levels of service. If you don't want to use them for whatever reason you can get comparative  quotes from Parcels 2 Go. You put in your parcel, collections times, addresses, requirements and it gives you a price comparison to all the major couriers.

Hope this helps

William

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 10:17:42 AM »
That's a great link thanks @TartanPaint. @Mr Twingo also recommended Parcel Monkey; another comparison site.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

TartanPaint

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 10:43:58 AM »
That's a great link thanks @TartanPaint. @Mr Twingo also recommended Parcel Monkey; another comparison site.  :)

@wrenkins

I'd add also that Parcel2Go sometimes give you a surprise freebie after you've finalised and paid for your order. The last one I got was free beer. I'm not much of a drinker and when I do drink it's usually never beer. So the boys and girls in the office got invited to help themselves to a bottle each including one absolute pervert who took the beer with the jalapeno peppers in it.

Glad if it's some help to you all.

Surest1tch

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 12:57:33 PM »
Thanks @TartanPaint , I'll make a note so I don't forget

Nuttywife59

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 23:31:10 PM »
The stitch count is fairly low. And the 12 X 5 hoop is the repositional hoop for doing split designs.