Recommendations for Iron/Sew on Lettering
« on: October 13, 2020, 10:00:37 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I’d like to make a present for my BFF who is getting married next month
“I always wanted to be happy, so I decided to be.“

Greybird

Re: Recommendations for Iron/Sew on Lettering
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 10:06:29 AM »
They have them on Ebay. I searched "Iron on lettering". I did try and get the URL for you but it was so long it made my finger ache on the button!

Kayfersmum

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »

Thank you, I will take another look. 

Another question

Sara-S

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 13:46:53 PM »
Have you considered fabric-painting as an alternate option?
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

mudcat

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 19:36:09 PM »
While I don't recall ever using iron on letters I have used other iron on shapes in my much younger days and in general it caused a bit of stiffness and on washable items it cracked and peeled over time. I don't imagine something like that cushion would be washed very frequently and if the letters are smaller it may not matter.  Just something to think about.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 20:21:14 PM »
Is there somewhere near you that could do some machine embroidery for you?

Sheilago

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 00:15:11 AM »
Have you considered hand embroidery? It’s not that difficult to do letters if you keep it simple and you mark it out carefully first : there are lots of You tube videos to show you how.

Kayfersmum

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 11:34:14 AM »
Thanks everyone for your ideas.  I’m going to have to put all sewing activities on hold for the short term as my father was rushed into hospital on Tuesday and trying to support both him and my mum is taking every last bit of energy I have  :(

I’m still really keen to do it myself, but if health and time doesn’t allow, maybe I could ask for some help with part of it, so @Ohsewsimple your suggestion maybe a great idea.  When my brain is functioning a little better I’ll try to find out who I maybe approach locally.

Stay safe everyone x

Sara-S

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »
@Kayfersmum I'm sorry about your dad!  I hope his situation improves quickly!! <3
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Kayfersmum

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 22:44:00 PM »
Thanks @Sara-S.  It’s been a scary few weeks, but he’s back home now recuperating after an unforeseen emergency triple heart bypass.  Quite a feat when you are 82!

Amongst all the chaos I found a wonderful local company called The Black Shack Ltd, less than a mile from me, who do bespoke embroidery onto clothes, caps, workwear, etc.  I paid them a visit and they were amazingly helpful and embroidered my material for a minimal fee, with my friends names and the date of their wedding.  I was over the moon to get this element achieved with so much else going on in my little world :loveit:

I was all set to try and complete the appliqué elements over the few weeks when Boris announced yesterday another lockdown and I think my friends wedding may now be cancelled
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 22:57:03 PM by Kayfersmum »