The Sewing Place

Novembers BOM - Final Assembly and Big Reveal

Sandra

Re: Novembers BOM
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2020, 09:19:25 AM »
Thank you @WendyW That's very kind of you to say that.  :) In spite of your reservations, I think your colours work extremely well together.  :thumbsup:

Since seeing everyone else's colours, I've felt mine were a bit amateurish. I seem to head straight for BRIGHT !! when a bit of subtlety would be much better and more grown up.
I have a lot to learn.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #166 on: December 31, 2020, 09:23:56 AM »
No you dont @Sandra, Ive seen your work up close and personal and you are excellent!

Now we are all aware that several peeps participating in this years BOM will not be able to finish their quilts before midnight due to reasons beyond their control ...

and in these cases I will still be offering .....

A) Elvistoo's services to make them a label if they wish and

B) to award them TSP's Prize winners badge or patch on completion of their quilt before the end of January 2021.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #167 on: December 31, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »
Sorry
Yes applique label saying Bjay 2020 - bright yellow embroidery on - erm - pale green maybe

just reached squares out of storage box - they don't seem to blend together - may end up being 5 x 3 or  may end up being 3 x 4. All because there is one I eally don't like and I haven't anymore green swirly fabric.
i know I'm way behind but I will get there in the end (I think)

Needs  :thinking:

I havent forgotten you Darling ... Well yes, I think I did ...   :|

Levi label in Italic font was it???

Elvistoo is coming out next month ... I promise ... and I will get on with several outstanding projects/pieces

Have I mislaid any one else's requests???

Label, Label, Label
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:33:12 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #168 on: December 31, 2020, 09:30:45 AM »
@WendyW , your quilt is beautiful and where is the amateurish quilting? The close ups look great to me. You gave yourself an extra problem trying to arrange front and back, but the resulting pattern and colours are lovely.  :loveit:

Flobear

« Reply #169 on: December 31, 2020, 09:33:27 AM »
@WendyW I think your colours work really well together - you've drawn the whole thing together by the way you've done the borders and sashing. And as for the quilting, it looks good to me. But what do I know? I still have my L-plates on  :P
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

supergran

« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »
@WendyW . I agree with Sheilago, your quilt is lovely and the Quilting looks perfect to me.  :thumbsup:

Bjay

« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2020, 11:09:22 AM »
@Iminei Yes please the label as you said.

Thank you for giving me more time :loveit:

No idea when sewing machine will be returned, beginning to feel lost without it.

I will cut out the border for BOM quilt, maybe the horizontal sashing which I can sew on ancient Bernina :vintage:

@WendyW your quilt is great. Teh ink and lime green go well together. Love the borders as well.

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Pearl

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2020, 11:18:46 AM »
Since seeing everyone else's colours, I've felt mine were a bit amateurish. I seem to head straight for BRIGHT !! when a bit of subtlety would be much better and more grown up.
Sandra.
xxx

Your colours are fabulous, @Sandra .  In fact, if your quilt goes missing, you could advise the police to review footage from the M6   :ninja:

Bjay

« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2020, 11:25:46 AM »
@Iminei Just had a thunk and the label would be good if it was on a bright green like the POP colour -no idea where I got pale green from!!
Must have been oing through an insipid phase!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

WendyW

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2020, 15:09:16 PM »
Sandra, I always head for the bright colors as well. So does my daughter- and her daughter, but at 4 I wouldn't expect otherwise. It's not "ameteurish", just young at heart! It does tend to make decorating more difficult, but I have learned to use a neutral base palette and add changeable pops. If others don't like the brights, well, that's their problem!

My stitching does look decent in these pics, which has reassured me. At least the 20-foot rule is in working in my favor. Up close there are lots of  flaws, especially at the beginning and ends where I should have knotted by hand and buried the tails instead of backstitching, and I knew it at the time, but was getting down to the wire timewise and not liking the overall look, so I really didn't care at that point. 

@Iminei Thank you for offering us the labels, it's a sweet extra to offer us that, but I'm going to pass.  I think I've only labeled one quilt ever, and that was an afterthought when we inherited it back, in memory of the person it had been given to.

Lowena

« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2020, 15:17:07 PM »
I never label quilts either @WendyW ....or name them  :S
Triumph of hope over experience :D

WendyW

« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2020, 15:53:23 PM »
I never label quilts either @WendyW ....or name them  :S

The naming of them makes no sense to me, with the possible exception of one entered in a show. Identifying block names for ease of someone else finding the pattern is sensible, but personal names for something going on my bed or for having picnics on has no appeal whatsoever to me.

Lowena

« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2020, 16:30:17 PM »
My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

supergran

« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2020, 18:48:31 PM »
Same here. I've never made a quilt label in my life, so unlikely to start now. I never consider my quilts worthy of labelling for future generations anyway.

Lowena

« Reply #179 on: December 31, 2020, 18:56:41 PM »
Quite!