The Sewing Place

Who's got an embellisher machine?

Bodgeitandscarper

Who's got an embellisher machine?
« on: November 04, 2020, 20:33:37 PM »
And what have you done with it?  I have one I've never used yet, it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Any pics of things you've made?  I need inspiration please  0_0

Sara-S

Re: Who's got an embellisher machine?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 20:43:12 PM »
What exactly is an embellisher machine?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 21:32:22 PM by Sara-S »
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 21:10:56 PM »
Me, me @Bodge, I've got one!  It's a Huskystar ER10 and it's fairly new to me, so I haven't had enough time to really explore it.  I have plans to felt a design onto a canvas tote bag, and possibly onto a denim jacket.  I haven't done anything worth photographing yet but I have experimented with felting onto fabric inside the lines of a drawn on design.

Somewhere I have a felted pcture I made by hand years ago, which I would like to felt to death with the machine to see if it improves!

@Sara-S It's basically a machine with a group of needles that felts, or attaches other fibres to fabric.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 22:26:30 PM »
Yes I've got one - got it for Christmas a couple of years back...... emmmm no I've not used it yet.....  :S
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 22:35:32 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 09:50:00 AM »
Hmm, not helping so far with inspiration...  :laughing: :laughing:

I have this vague idea of knitting a cardi and then adding chiffon(?) ruffle-y trims to it...  May go and knit up a square and have a play... possibly...

Kitten

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 17:18:23 PM »
I have had one for several years and the only things I did on it were creating snowmen on some Christmas stockings I made.  I don't have photos, sorry.

I was quite fun to do though.

KayK

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 14:04:18 PM »
Me! DH bought me a Babylock embellisher for my birthday -  I have used it for making 'felt' fabric with, to make a large bag to carry sewing machine in eventually.  I have bought lots of 'wool tops' and shredded silk sari fabric which makes marvellous fabric when 'punched' onto soft felt (pre-felt).  I have added 'Anglina Fibres' to it as well.  At the moment I am mostly playing, but have lots of end goals!  I love it!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Acorn

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 14:09:43 PM »
Oooh!  Where does one find shredded silk sari fabric?   0_0

Morgan

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 15:06:30 PM »
I have one - not used it much  as I am more of a dressmaker than textile artist and always have loads of sewing projects lined up.
   I think textile and fibre art type projects are where a machine like this comes into its own. 
The last project I did with mine was to make some fabric which I then made into a weekender bag as a gift for a friend. I used the embellished fabric together with a salvaged ruby red leather
It was a boring  quite stiff plain ruby red wool blend and I made a random, winding path path design on it with burgundy and sandy gold bobbley yarns.  It made a lovely texture. 
The video shows the  same way I used the embellisher to meld the yarns into  the fabric rather than couching it down on the sewing machine. 
https://pin.it/gPDI1ut
It was huge fun but makes a lot of noise. 

Other than that I've played with making textured bits and pieces that I gave to someone I know who is very clever with applique and piecing bits into amazing creative projects. 
On her embellisher, this year she has been making paired hearts for her local hospital. 

Morgan

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 10:29:32 AM »
On immanuels Sewing Corner FB Group  2 coats with needle felting embellishment. 

Inspirational, very striking and unique. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290614892016517/permalink/868664060878261/

And

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290614892016517/permalink/868364340908233/

Sewingsue

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2023, 14:42:26 PM »
Unfortunately you have to be approved to join the Immanuels group to see the photos.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 16:14:27 PM »
I'm waiting to be approved, because I am determined to get to know my embellisher properly.  I was actually looking at needle-felting kits on Amazon this morning - ones with the fabric, wool and template, not the equipment.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023, 16:20:03 PM »
Hopefully these have worked...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2023, 16:22:12 PM »
Wow!!   :loveit:

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2023, 17:12:46 PM »
One day, I WILL get my embellisher out and use it...