The Sewing Place

Anyone own a Singer Sonata 220? Need help

Tinkyandi

Anyone own a Singer Sonata 220? Need help
« on: November 15, 2020, 22:44:21 PM »
Hi all, this is my first post :)

I am a seamstress by trade and do mostly repairs and alterations for my local community.

Recently my aunt died and when my dad went to clear her flat he found she had a few machines in her possession. I was offered them and was delighted to accept.

Well I have been given three machines which needed a good clean. I am focusing on the Singer Sonata first as it appeals the most. But I have a problem in that I can't find a manual anywhere for it online and the foot pedal is missing.

It takes a single pin fitting plug, so like a headphone jack. I've looked high and low for a replacement, but I'm unsure as to which one I would need for this machine. I've spoken to Coulsew via ebay and they say you can't get them for that machine anymore. But surely there must be a compatible one out there?

Any help would be gratefully received so I can bring my Aunt's machine back to life.

Thank you in advance. <3

Acorn

Re: Anyone own a Singer Sonata 220? Need help
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 22:58:53 PM »
Welcome!  You're in the right place - there are quite a few people who love old sewing machines and know a great deal about them here.  I love them but don't know a great deal about them, so I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »
Try Sewlincs...
https://www.sewlincs.co.uk/
You can message Dave on FB....

Sewbusy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 12:51:47 PM »
Try BSK, just tell them the make and model and they'll quickly tell you if one is available/in stock. They don't charge silly prices either.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 12:59:59 PM »
Looking at that little Singer, I could almost be tempted with the hand crank.

https://www.sewlincs.co.uk/Singer_99k_hand_crank_for_Sharlene/p4628659_20362138.aspx
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included