The Sewing Place

Mary Poppins Costume - Project Log

datcat23

Re: Mary Poppins Costume - Project Log
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2021, 04:57:30 AM »
Hey ho again.  Back to this project.

Despite some award winning procrastination  :facepalm: I got in this morning, and cut out the jacket pieces, outer fabric, lining, interlining for the skirts and interfacing.   

MP jacket by Dani, on Flickr

Thats it ...... Can't lay claim to any more progress. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.

2021 Fabric Fast:  Metres used: 20  Items Made:  10     Upcycles: 4   Howling disasters:  2

datcat23

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2021, 05:11:11 AM »
Oh, and I also came across two squares of this old fashioned tapestry style fabric.  I plan to use them, to make a small carpet bag style tote, that she can use with her costume.

tapestry fabric by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.

2021 Fabric Fast:  Metres used: 20  Items Made:  10     Upcycles: 4   Howling disasters:  2

datcat23

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 00:41:34 AM »
Yesterdays progress:  I made a start on the Mary Poppins jacket for DD, putting the back and front together, attaching the undercollar and setting in the sleeves.  DD came over for dinner last night, and we did a quick try on,  she is really quite happy with it. 

Mary Poppins  jacket by Dani, on Flickr

I would have got further with the lining, but was distracted with a new sewing table for my sewing room (an old singer treadle base with a flat table surface). 

I also have to recut one of the lining pieces, as I didn't realise there was some brown paper stuck to the fabric.   :facepalm:

Elnnina

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 10:10:53 AM »
That is looking good Dani, and I must mention that I love the fabric you have found for making a bag - that will be just right.  Your daughter is a very lucky lass.