The Sewing Place

A rescue that went wrong

Gernella

A rescue that went wrong
« on: March 24, 2021, 18:15:37 PM »
Things were going so smoothly on my new dressing gown, until Tuesday, I ironed the bottom where I like a coloured band on, halfway through I stopped and adjusted it.  Next thing I had a hole in the top side of the lining fabric I was using doubled up.  Not the one I usually use which I think would have survived.

Overnight I considered, take off, insert a piece or put another band on top, which I went with; stitched ready, wasn't right so another try, still not right (on the other side).  So I've gone for the next option.  I picked the scissors up and cut the lot off and consoled myself, wasted work with the fact that it was longer that I wanted it to be and now it would be just right.

I hate wasted sewing hours.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Marniesews

Re: A rescue that went wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 22:22:08 PM »
No...sometimes it just takes longer to find just the right length.  :faints:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 16:11:37 PM »
Oh no, not another victim of the magic appearing hole-type-lining! Glad you saved it.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 16:44:23 PM »
About done now, just belt loops, which I should have done earlier and put in the French seam, so might get my favourite tool out, and the strings to tie inside.

I did manage to get the flamingos the right way up, last time I used Lady McElroy Flora Songbird and forgot about the birds. It wasn't until I was showing DH without the sleeves that he noticed, the sleeves are right though. That man has sharp little eyes.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included