The Sewing Place

Rule breakers

Acorn

Re: Rule breakers
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2021, 12:36:43 PM »
How strange, @Wayfarer that you should PM me to apologise for being too harsh, and then come back and continue in exactly the same way - in fact, worse.   :facepalm:

In what parallel universe does an 'informal warning' constitute what you describe?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewingj

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2021, 13:09:48 PM »
I was very concerned to read Charley's latest post today. We all agree the moderators have a difficult job but they seem to have no idea of the level of  distress that is felt if you receive an official warning. One minute you are chatting with friends, the next, one of them has slapped you in the face.
Charley made a mistake and was more than ready to make amends but was not given the opportunity to do so.

I won`t be posting again.  I don`t wish to be associated with an admin team who have little regard for a forum members` mental health
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 14:10:54 PM by sewingj »

b15erk

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2021, 13:17:25 PM »
@sewingj , I think charley should have thought more carefully about the last sentence she wrote - and posted publicly, which offended and upset me.  FWIW, my own mental health is good, but my self esteem took a knocking.

It made my night that the UK now realise that the ordinary people of Europe do not like them, possibly or probably Brexit related, or the awful UK's govt total feeling of superiority to everyone else in Europe.’

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2021, 13:28:42 PM »
Well done @charley for coming back and apologising again.
Perhaps it's time to move on now, and maybe another time perhaps things could be dealt with a bit more behind the scenes?

Please??

Bill

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2021, 13:33:02 PM »
@Acorn I have indeed apologized both publicly and privately for any upset that I have caused you through making my thoughts on this matter known and those apologies were sincere, but my last post was in relation to the admin team in general and their warning to @charley and whilst I do apologize for any upset I have caused you, I stand by my own set of morals and how things should, in my opinion, be handled.
As @sewingj has pointed out, the upset that results from a telling off by a mod can be very real even when we are in the wrong and rightly deserve it.
I have said numerous times now that, again in my own opinion and that of others from what I've seen, the matter of moderator enforcement should be handled in a private matter. It doesn't matter what the offence was, a public dressing down from a moderator puts the spotlight on the offender which can cause him/her more upset than necessary and as you can see from the posts here, isn't something we as members are happy with.
You posted an extract from the rules we all agreed to when we joined which highlighted the following...
"It is not good form to complain publicly about moderation."
This works both ways.
It would appear we have lost a few members due to this whole mess and I do hope that those losses were not in vein.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 13:36:22 PM by Wayfarer »
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Diane

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2021, 13:53:35 PM »
Charley has apologised, so

Can we all just please move on from this and get back to what we all love doing ………SEWING
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Tamnymore

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2021, 14:00:00 PM »
I've only just got to this. I'm not sure I even really completely understand what has happened but I see that @charley has made a full apology for the original post so I'm hopeful that some kind of line can be drawn under the post itself at least.
I'm really grateful for all the work that the mods and admin do and I see a lot of thanks to them on this thread. Please stay @Acorn and others who have said they will step down or will not post again.

It's really rare that something blows up on TSP. In fact I can't remember anything quite like this before. TSP is always such a supportive environment and I'd be so sorry if that were lost not just for my sake but for the sake of so many others who appreciate the support too.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2021, 14:05:09 PM »
Charley has apologised, so

Can we all just please move on from this and get back to what we all love doing ………SEWING

Diane

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2021, 14:06:19 PM »
Or even a bit of knitting?  0_0

Or hoovering  :laughing:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2021, 14:07:19 PM »

I say, sready on, that's taking it a bit far!!

Bill

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2021, 14:08:56 PM »
I say, sready on, that's taking it a bit far!!
Indeed! What on earth were you thinking @Diane:P
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Diane

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2021, 14:09:58 PM »
Indeed! What on earth were you thinking @Diane:P

Maybe it’s a side effect of the jab i had today  :laughing:

Iminei

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2021, 14:10:07 PM »
Yes Please, can we.

I am going to lock this topic as of 6pm tonight and hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thank you Charley for apologising and I do hope you continue to be a member of TSP, especially as you have a Gorgeous Mini Quilt in Mays Mini Marvel Contest.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Diane

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2021, 14:14:48 PM »
Good move @Iminei  Lets get back to all the lovely chit chat, supporting each other, laughter and best of all SEWING
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 14:16:46 PM by Diane »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2021, 14:27:15 PM »

:scream:   :scream:Go have a lie down, the jab's got to you!