The Sewing Place

Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong

Tamnymore

Re: Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2021, 18:50:04 PM »
Very nice @SewRuthieSews . Good choice of fabrics that work together well. And I'm all for elasticated waists!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Celia

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2021, 10:40:04 AM »
Well so far I have a top and a pair of knickers that match will that count :laughing:

shame it’s called a sew along or I could have added a pair of socks :devil:

Pearl

« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2021, 13:12:39 PM »
@Celia , it does say in the rules that one item can be knitted!  I think you’re in!  (Not sure you’ll want to post a pic of you modelling them, though.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:)

Celia

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2021, 13:18:00 PM »
@Celia , it does say in the rules that one item can be knitted!  I think you’re in!  (Not sure you’ll want to post a pic of you modelling them, though.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:)

Love it but no I don’t think I will model them :laughing: don’t want everyone leaving

Flobear

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2021, 13:44:41 PM »
They don't even have to 'match' @Celia. May I refer you to the post of 16th October  ;)

I'm not sure they need to match, as such, just three things that can be worn together. If your choice is an orange leotard, a leopard print hat and a giant coatigan with llamas all over it, who's to say you're wrong  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2021, 08:38:50 AM »
I have cut out the brown trousers for this challenge. I decided to add extra pockets and change the pockets which are on the pattern to make them larger.

I now have front zipped pockets within front pockets, and some patch pockets to sew on elsewhere - 2 at the back, and 2 more for the leg, maybe they need a flap?

Next step to get the overlocker out and threaded up so I can neaten the edges of the pockets before I get too far into construction.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2021, 11:29:28 AM »
Trousers are finished and I'm doing a test wear today.
Very comfortable indeed, though not sure how practical the leg pocket is going to be.

Esme866

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2021, 00:06:40 AM »
Very comfortable indeed, though not sure how practical the leg pocket is going to be.

"Back in the day", I had friends that used those leg pockets for their "green".

As I did not "partake" mine were never used, I just liked how they looked. :rolleyes:

If you take long hikes, it would be nice storage for food or TP. Could even work for long shopping days.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
The Hiking/Travel trousers have been finished a few days, then worn for 2 days and put through the wash and dried.

They have 8 pockets. 2 zipped front pockets, two jeans style pockets (extra deep), 2 back pockets with velcro closure and two leg pockets with button and flap closure.

Today I replaced the webbing on a Craghoppers belt with elastic to hold them up when the pockets are full.

Here's the front (actual colour)

The back

Front pockets

Inside of the trousers showing the double front pockets

Back pocket with velcro closure

realale

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2021, 12:12:23 PM »
Those look good @SewRuthieSews. You can't have too many pockets in my opinion!!  :loveit:
So many beers, so little time.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »
Nice details @SewRuthieSews

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2021, 13:11:58 PM »
Looks at those trousers
Looks at the dressing gown
Looks at those trousers
Looks at the dressing gown
Hey ho, the GS will love the dressing gown  :laughing:
They are lovely @SewRuthieSews
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Ploshkin

« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2021, 15:11:21 PM »
Here is a sneak preview of items one and two.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Life's too short for ironing.

Flobear

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2021, 17:03:33 PM »
You beat the zip into submission, then @Ploshkin  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

realale

« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2021, 10:16:24 AM »
Gosh, @Ploshkin, I did a double take when I saw your jean facing  - I used the same fabric to do my jeans the last time I made some!! Good taste  :P
So many beers, so little time.