The Sewing Place

Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong

SewRuthieSews

Re: Autumn / Winter 3-piece Sewalong
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2021, 13:53:12 PM »
Well I shortened 3 pairs of curtains, made Santa hats for all the stuffed animals (which amused me hugely) and then had visitors.
On the plus side I finished of the rainbow quilt, but the garment sewing seems to have taken a back seat.

I'll have a another look through the used patterns and see if I can find the one for the jacket I want to make. If not I'll have to retrace it from the book it originally came from. Hmmm.

I suppose I could make the knit top instead.

Flobear

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2021, 14:07:00 PM »
Well, there are 19 days still left in December @SewRuthieSews  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Starryfish

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2021, 22:08:59 PM »
I've actually finished 3 pieces, black cord jeans, black and pink print jersey roll neck and an off white long cardigan. I've been wearing them all, am actually wearing the jeans atm. Just haven't got round to taking pics. Usual problem at this time of year, low light levels!
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Flobear

« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2021, 23:08:17 PM »
Good to hear that @Starryfish . Will look forward to pics in due course  :thumb:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2021, 17:34:36 PM »
Pretty rubbish pics but didn't want to overload the server  :laughing:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
GS1's PJ's and dressing gown and DD1's PJ's
GS2's PJ's and dressing gown and SIL PJ bottoms
 :xhohoho:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2021, 11:30:41 AM »
And I finished in time for the big Christmas Eve opening.
Grandsons modelled well enough. I will put these together as they were made the same and are my entry no 1.
I self drafted the PJ's and dressing gowns with the fabric bought because a) there was dinosaurs and b) there was dinosaurs! I had to avoid the overlocker with the dressing gown (too thick) so used blanket stitch on the sewing machine.  PJ's were on the overlocker.

And DD1 pulled out all her Pantomime skills for a wonderful show of hers.  This is my entry no 2.  I basically had too much fabric left over to just leave it, so self drafted her PJ's and the hoodie  :D

Edit here:
DD1 did the hoodie modelling too, she told me that makes it her third item to be worn over the PJ's  :D She informs me she is poking her tongue out at the dog because he was looking at her wondering what she was doing  :laughing:
And hereby ends Bumblebunchers entry edit  :thumb:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 15:39:16 PM by Flobear »
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Flobear

« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2021, 13:30:48 PM »
Marvellous @Bumblebuncher  :love:  So glad they could be modelled  :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2021, 18:39:14 PM »
Looking great @Bumblebuncher

How is everyone else doing? I have to admit I have only made one of my 3 garments.

Ploshkin

« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2021, 20:03:23 PM »
On the home straight with number 3
Life's too short for ironing.

Boppingbeth

« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2021, 16:16:43 PM »
I have two of three pieces made and then I ran out of the coordinating fabric.  So, either I need to shop or I need to dig through the piles.  Likely shop since I don’t think that the fabrics I have will actually work with the leftovers.

Tamnymore

« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2021, 16:34:36 PM »
Ooh you are all doing so well here. I might not get my 3rd garment finished in time but this sewalong has prompted me to make up some fabric that has been lingering for some time so has been useful!  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Flobear

« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2021, 19:15:45 PM »
Ooh, keeping everything crossed that @Boppingbeth and @Tamnymore manage to sneak across the line  :D

Flobear

« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »
A reminder for those entering that the first post in this thread has a little template for words to talk about your entry.

If I can remember how to collate the items into a voting thread, I will start to do so  :thinking:

There will be a week-ish into January for you to photograph and post your entries so, if you're still doing a bit of final hemming after midnight on the 31st, who's to know  :ninja:

Anyway, there are still 86 hours left in 2021 for those on GMT and on Sewing Bee they'd have it done and dusted in one episode  :laughing:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2021, 11:40:53 AM »
Thank you @Flobear
I am currently awaiting my final photo and shall do as instructed  :D I will do it all as an edit on the first post with the pics on as I (of course) forgot to put any of the information required on it  :laughing:
BB

Ploshkin

« Reply #164 on: December 29, 2021, 16:38:07 PM »
Yaaay!  I've finished.  Diving over the line with 31 1/2 hours to spare.  The gilet has fought back at every stage until the final bit of top stitching when I finished with just 4" of thread left on the bobbin.  Tomorrow I will have a major tweed steaming and general pressing and clean and tidy the sewing room  :)
Life's too short for ironing.