The Sewing Place

More bags etc...

Bodgeitandscarper

More bags etc...
« on: October 01, 2021, 18:55:06 PM »
Today's productions. 
The blue one is leather, the purple-ish one is vinyl, and I've done the key fob again in leather.

Am I boring you now?  :laughing:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ohsewsimple

Re: More bags etc...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 19:03:51 PM »
Very nice @Bodgeitandscarper.  Love  the pink/purplish one. 

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 19:40:36 PM »
They are lovely @Bodgeitandscarper I like the blue one best  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Greybird

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 22:52:06 PM »
No, not bored - they're lovely.

Cazlyn

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 08:28:08 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper not bored at all, keep them coming!  As a matter of interest what do you do with them, sell them?  Pressies?

Crafting is my happy place

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »
@Cazlyn I'm probably not doing anything with them as these are just experiments, as I've never done this sort of thing before.
What I have realised is the doing bags in the hoop, even my biggest 8" x 12" hoop, results in a quite small bag.  I may have to try making a bigger bag on the sewing machine, but with some embroidery on it of course.

Bill

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »
Very nice. Very neat stitching around the curves. I love the finish :)
Dunno if you've thought about this, but is embroidering a sew on patch an idea to consider? No real limit to bag size then.
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2021, 12:00:48 PM »
@Bill I can actually embroider a design on a larger piece and then make it into a bag on the sewing machine.  That may be my next play.  I'm just loving the magic of doing these on the embroidery machine  0_0

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »
What lovely little bags @Bodgeitandscarper !  and the key fob is lovely!

If you need any cream leather - just ask!  I have loads of the stuff!  (although it is upholstery weight)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2021, 13:18:41 PM »
You are getting that good at working with leather @Bodgeitandscarper I think you may have to go into business to give full rein to your talent.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 13:30:55 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper  Those are tremendous! Where do you get the leather from if you don't mind me asking?
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Diane

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 15:11:36 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper They are super, love the blue one  :loveit: Can i ask what embroidery machine you have
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 15:31:35 PM »
Love those @Bodgeitandscarper .

That pink one would be lovely for my GD, not yet 3 but a bag girl through and through!

Is it a purchased pattern?

realale

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 17:22:05 PM »
I really like those @Bodgeitandscarper. The blue one looks especially handy.
Where do you get your patterns from? I've done very little ith embroidery so maybe I could expand my expertise  at some point.
So many beers, so little time.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 19:18:00 PM »
The leather and vinyl is from someone on facebook - Man Made U.K. Machine Embroidery Crafts Sewing Support Sales.

Those two patterns are from Threadmode on Etsy.

I'm having great fun doing these, I'd not done any in the hoop things before.

Oh, and I have a Brother Innovis V3, it's much better than the Janome I had previously.

0_0
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 19:21:06 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »