The Sewing Place

3/4 length summer trousers

Silver Rose

3/4 length summer trousers
« on: January 12, 2022, 14:25:06 PM »
I am making these out of dark blue cotton lawn, should be cool to wear in  the hot summer days to come. The pattern is McCalls 6901 which I have used many times and now have a good redrafted pattern for my figure. I prefer a centre back zip and waist facing instead of a waistband so a smooth look. Next job is to sew in the zip, I did  the jeans style front pockets today and was pleased with the result, no wobbles on the top stitching .

Ohsewsimple

Re: 3/4 length summer trousers
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 14:45:00 PM »
I am making these out of dark blue cotton lawn, should be cool to wear in  the hot summer days to come.

Do you have inside information @Silver Rose ? :laughing:   I hope you’re right!

SunnyWave

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 10:44:32 AM »
I saw it's a very beautiful trousers model

Nevis5

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 10:52:01 AM »
Oh gosh I hope you're right about the warm summer, @Silver Rose  too!  Wouldn't that be great?  I'm impressed you've made a start on summer sewing - I'm still wading around in sweat shirting and fleece...  good luck x

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 13:59:36 PM »
@Nevis5  I didn't  sew many summery clothes last year  because of my hips and my summer wardrobe  was looking tired  so after a sort out in the autumn I  could see I  needed tops and skirts.  Looking  forward to warmer days keeps me going, I really do not  function well  in cold weather.
I put the zip in this morning and have tacked the seams ready to check the fit,  that's  it for today.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 08:43:31 AM »
I've  just got to finish off the waist facing and sew the hems and they are done.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 11:37:08 AM »
Finished the hems today, nothing planned at the moment, I am having a sort out of my boxes of fabric. I am waiting for Minerva to  deliver some lovely bright yellow linen I ordered a while ago just as the stock ran out  :( , I'm not sure whether to make a skirt or a jacket out of it  :thinking:, my patterns box needs a tidy up too.
Still learning