The Sewing Place

Gremlins again?

BrendaP

Gremlins again?
« on: February 12, 2022, 09:52:10 AM »
I couldn't edit a post just now.

In the wordle thread I tried to add that I see colours when using my MacBookPro laptop.  I clicked on edit, added a few words and tried to save but got an error message about the body of the message being blank.

Not the end of the world but not right.  Roll on Wednesday when hopefully the server will be kicked into submission.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

Re: Gremlins again?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 09:59:20 AM »
I had that yesterday.  When I switched to 'modify' from the drop-down menu at the top right of the post it was fine.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 10:00:05 AM »
Yes I think we are @BrendaP  Im very sorry about this but until we migrate I think we might have a load more

Once again heres the address of the TSO Status centre which shows any upcoming or unforeseen problems with their hosting but which, unless its a worldwide problem, they wont post because, of course, its never their problem!

The first question I always get when complaining/asking about outages is 'Have ytou done anything to cause it'!!!  :rant:

@Mr Twingo  is looking into other hosting companies but we have a unique coding complication (Please dont ask me as I havent a clue) which is making migration to another provider extremely hard and has been a problem from the very start of TSP (thanks Fran!)

Maybe @Mr Twingo  can explain more fully if he thinks its appropriate of course.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 11:09:04 AM »
Hang on in there folks....don't forget to register for the FB Liferaft if you haven't already.......the bar staff from the Titanic are pouring cocktails  :hic:
Triumph of hope over experience :D