The Sewing Place

Fussy fotos

Catllar

Fussy fotos
« on: September 30, 2022, 13:41:20 PM »
So I'm trying to load my pix onto the Autumn sewalong page.  I have managed one so far. Total rejection of the one showing my  coat and trousers. Is it a style thing? I am getting the message: This page is not working currently and Sewing Forum.org.uk is unable to blah blah blah.
Could the photo itself be corrupted? I know nothing of the inside workings of the little people inside my pooter! Has one of them tipped coffee over my photo?
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

BrendaP

Re: Fussy fotos
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 18:13:43 PM »
Are the photos in .jpg format?

I always have to export photos from the computer's photo editing software format into .jpgs  The exported versions go onto the desk top and get deleted leaving the original safely in the original format.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 19:02:06 PM »
@Catllar , as Brenda said be sure it's in .jpg or .jpeg format. Also check the size. Some people's phones/cameras take pictures suitable for showing on a Jumbotron. That might also be an issue.

Some computers are just selfish jerks and don't want to share.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 20:14:57 PM »
They're all jpeg ( I've been caught by that before) and all the pix were taken at the same time, so if some will load why wont' the other one? Humph :facepalm:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 22:27:32 PM »
Some photos have a bigger file size simply because they're busier. I had to turn down the resolution of my phone camera to be able to post them here.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

sewing grandma

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 11:54:50 AM »
They're all jpeg ( I've been caught by that before) and all the pix were taken at the same time, so if some will load why wont' the other one? Humph :facepalm:
I have trouble with photos that have come from my daughter's phone, which is not an iphone. I find I have to open them first in Paint or similar software and then resave as a jpeg before I can do anything with them. I give them a different name eg Rev_paint_WxM26y705.jpg. For some reason I think the jpeg formats created on different platforms are not exactly compatible, so not all software can read them. Paint seems to be able to read anything, so that is worth a try.
If they are all from the same source, have some been edited and not saved on the same platform or machine? The Paint trick might still be worth a go.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 12:00:10 PM »
@sewing grandma I have real problems transferring from the phone.  I send it to myself as an email and then can open it very easily on the laptop.  I agree that Paint seems to be the most open to taking all sorts and opening it without having a hissy fit.
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bjay

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »
Hiya
I'm having same trouble . Posted 1st photo with out a problem but cannot post 2nd although same phone etc
Is there a solution please?
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 13:23:37 PM »
If I try to edit pics on my phone then upload them here, it just refuses them.  I have to email them, open on the laptop, then use something like Pxlr to crop and re-size - but Pixlr now only lets you do 3 per day, the meanies!

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 13:43:20 PM »
@Bjay I often have trouble uploading the pics if there is more than one, it seems to repeat one and knock out the other!
I now check when posted and if it has done it again delete all the pics and replace them how I want it (hope that makes sense).  For some reason it works better on an edit than on the original posting.
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Bjay

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 14:46:04 PM »
@Bumblebuncher @Bodgeitandscarper

Thanks Ladies = I eventually emailed it etc and it is now there

What a performance!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 14:57:04 PM »
And of course I now realise that if you just open a photo on the laptop, it's in something Windows that lets you edit it.  :S