The Sewing Place

Price for embroidery on T-shirt

Sewbusy

Price for embroidery on T-shirt
« on: October 17, 2022, 11:17:22 AM »
Ive had a quote £40.42 to for supply and embroidery to replicate this T-shirt.

Seems fair to me, I said a good quality T-shirt.

Any thoughts ladies?  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sewbusy

Re: Price for embroidery on T-shirt
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 11:52:36 AM »
Hmm it appears that there is also a £20.00 Embroidery set-up fee.

That makes it one expensive T-shirt!

Maybe time for daughter to have a rethink....

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 12:06:03 PM »
Presumably this is a commercial place.  Embroidery set up fee is normal.  Thereafter it makes it easy when the work is done, it’s saved and ready for when it’s needed again. 

How about finding someone with a machine and maybe software that could do this for you?   Might be cheaper. 

Sewbusy

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 12:31:06 PM »
Thank you @Ohsewsimple, I do have a couple of friends withe embroidery machines, and I have broached it with them, however one who sews mainly for pleasure has had some serious health issues and is only just back to working full time, the other one does have a business and I'm reluctant to trouble either of them.

I'm happy (well, it's my daughter who wants it for a Christmas present for my other daughter!) and payment isn't a problem per se, just needed to get a fair, not necessarily cheap price.

Hope that makes sense.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 12:34:33 PM »
You should be able to find out how much the tee shirt is. 
I have to say that the tee shirts used on these sort of things aren’t always top quality.  So you might be better getting one yourself and having it done. 

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 13:22:28 PM »
£40.42 + £20 set up fee ... or £40.42 incl. set up fee ???

I dont know how they could charge a set up fee, its just three lines of script, but if its a business that would be a standard charge.

Why not just buy the Tshirt from wherever sells it, as obviously someone must do.

If you supply the Tshirt I'd do it for you ... but then maybe theres another TSPer with a professional E Machine who'd like to do it?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewbusy

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 15:05:50 PM »
@Iminei  I did email and ask if the £20 set up charge was on top of the £40.42 quoted, she hasn't responded and the T-shirt she 'recommended' they charge £8 for and I've checked and it can be bought online for about £3 and doesn't have very good reviews.

I'd prefer tried and trusted... , thinking of this https://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-straight-fit-t-shirt/p/clp60432860#intid=carousel_FUNH_AT_RECENT_END_FIND-SRP_18_2

Could you give me a price for this an I'll pay up front by Paypal?

Please PM me if you prefer.

Thank you.