The Sewing Place

Inspirations Magazine

Acorn

Inspirations Magazine
« on: October 23, 2022, 18:40:49 PM »
I used to subscribe to Inspirations Magazine (through a newsagent), but gave it up, partly because it was very expensive, but also because it was so unreliable in terms of when it came out - I have no idea whether this was the magazine, the supplier or the newsagent, but it seems likely that it was largely due to it being an Australian magazine, and me being in Britain!

It is, however, a truly excellent magazine for hand embroiderers.

I discovered that it was available through the Libby app, which made me very happy.  Then I discovered that each issue contains links to downloads of all the projects in the magazine. 0_0  You don't even need to borrow the magazine, because if you click on 'Read Sample' you will get the page with the download links.

It is just the patterns (and a picture of the item), not the instructions, but even if you don't borrow the magazine and get the instructions, you can see enough detail in the pictures to be able to do the embroidery your way.

0_0  0_0  0_0
« Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 18:58:47 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bertha Badger

Re: Inspirations Magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 19:11:19 PM »
The Libby App is brilliant - I use it for audiobooks. Also through the library I use the PressReader app and I get to read magazines and newspapers for free. You can save publications so every time there is a new issue it appears in your "My Publications". I'm currently subscribed to the Simply craft mags - knitting, crochet and sewing plus a load of others!

Acorn

Re: Inspirations Magazine
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 19:15:58 PM »
Me too - I stuffed my Kindle Fire with Patchwork magazines before we went away a few weeks ago.  Lovely!   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.