The Sewing Place

Urban threads site down?

Lachica

Urban threads site down?
« on: November 07, 2022, 17:46:28 PM »
I haven't been to this site on a while and it seems while my back was turned it's amalgamated with Embroidered Library? Same font.. anyway, it said I had to make a new password, which I did, but I now can't log in. Is it a temporary problem? Anyone else having problems?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

realale

Re: Urban threads site down?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 18:07:35 PM »
Urban threads and embroidery library have always been sister sites. Recently they both had a site overhaul and I got emails about logging in etc and transfer of wish list and orders for both sites. I had to redo my password but then got on ok. I've just tried and I got on so perhaps try again and see if it was a glitch.
So many beers, so little time.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 18:27:13 PM »
I hadn't logged in since they updated the site, so I just tried.  Once I entered my email address they sent me a password reset email, I chose a new password and got in without a problem. 

The password requirements are a bit stupid - you have to have a special character, but they don't allow the full range of special characters, which means my usual formulae won't work and I will always have trouble remembering it.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lachica

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 20:16:46 PM »
I've just tried it, got in ok but it wanted me to update address. Doesn't accept UK format, doesn't accept letters in postcode field. Doesn't accept 12345 in there either. 3 times I tried. When I got to checkout it wouldn't proceed to payment until I entered a valid address. I've sent them a message. I wanted to make my Xmas ornament gift tomorrow  :angry:
Mary

Nuttywife59

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 23:46:51 PM »
Ive just updated my details and it worked so think it must have just been a glitch.

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 06:27:51 AM »
Thanks. I had a nice email from customer service apologising for the site which doesn't like spaces in the postcode field. She'd manually entered my address, it's nearer to correct now. They'll never need to post me anything so it doesn't matter.
Mary

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 10:29:51 AM »
I have /had accounts with both embilibary and urban threads but cant find my previous orders or wish list on urban threads anymore?

Resolved! Im ok folks but dont much like the new look. Cest la Vie!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 10:35:14 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lachica

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 11:38:18 AM »
@Iminei mine are there, the bonus being you get thumbnails now!! Sooo much easier to find files! The downside is that they're no longer in date order, or grouped with others bought on the same order. Maybe log out & back in again,? Or contact the very helpful Stephanie via the contact page?
Mary