The Sewing Place

Simple easy doll patterns?

Sheilago

Simple easy doll patterns?
« on: November 25, 2022, 12:32:15 PM »
I wondered if anyone had come across a free little pattern to make a doll hoody or jacket. I plan to make some simple clothes for my granddaughters dolls as part of their Christmas present. I would probably just use left over fleece and some Velcro to fasten, but it would be easier to have a pattern to work with. I have seen a few online but they ask you subscribe and I’m wary of giving away my email address unless I really need to .

Lachica

Re: Simple easy doll patterns?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 15:51:38 PM »
What size is the doll @Sheilago? I made these a couple of years ago: I'm happy to trace the pattern & post to you. I also made dresses the same size.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Elnnina

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 17:07:07 PM »
Sheilago I made a hoody for a 16" bear (Build a Bear) and I made this out of a 'Designer' garment that had disintegrated under the arms, and was a bit thicker than a Tee shirt, and I was able to use some of the Logos on this on the actual hoody - made it just that little bit special, and my then little grandson was absolutely delighted with this- he had the best dressed Bear imaginable, and all the clothes I made out of items that had seen better days, so cost nothing.  If you would like this pattern let me know and I can trace it off for you - by the way all the items I made for this bear were of my own making.

Sheilago

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2022, 10:21:37 AM »
Thank you both, but I wouldn’t want to put you to that bother. The doll is a baby doll about 13” . I could draw a pattern myself based on a cardigan I knitted already- was just being lazy.  :D I made the doll a t shirt and trousers earlier this year, just by cutting round the doll basically, but a jacket and hood is a little  more tricky. I’ll post my attempt once I finish them.

Sheilago

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 13:41:48 PM »
Have now made the two doll jackets. Entirely made from bits and pieces I had lying around- I find that so satisfying! Here they are  :D I might add buttons to hide the stitching for the Velcro fastening.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 13:49:18 PM »
They're both lovely @Sheilago
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Elnnina

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 15:55:10 PM »
Sheilago both those hoody jackets are beautiful they look so lovely and cosy and I am sure they will be well received and played with a lot.  Well done.

Ann

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2022, 12:21:00 PM »
@Sheilago, the jackets are wonderful and a bonus is that you used up fabric you had on hand. Job well done. I'm sure they will be loved by all.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres