The Sewing Place

SWAP (Sewing With a Plan) : 2004-current

DementedFairy

Re: SWAP (Sewing With a Plan) : 2004-current
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2023, 13:28:11 PM »
Good to hear from you @DementedFairy and sorry to learn that you”ve been poorly and hope you’re on the mend.

Feeling absolutely RUBBISH tbh, two weeks and counting now.  Dammit.  It's been a VERY long time since I last had flu, this could be another couple of weeks yet til I get my strength back.
Still wake up every day hoping to do some sewing lol

CCL

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2023, 15:53:21 PM »
Hi all!  Just popped by to see if there's a SWAP planned for this year. Looks like there isn't?  I've enjoyed several of these, [including my fave- the steampunk one]

@DementedFairy - just popped in to say that I loved your steam punk SWAP - and it inspired me to dip the tinyest bit of the little toe into the steampunk pond - if acquiring steam punk buttons counts!
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2023, 21:25:47 PM »
Are there many folks here that have competed or participated (a better word) in past SWAP's?

I have once.
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

Fabric Lover

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2023, 21:39:36 PM »
I tried to compete in a competitive event on here but struggled (due to my ineptitude with all things technological!) to get the photos in the right place. 😒
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2023, 21:59:03 PM »
I tried to compete in a competitive event on here but struggled (due to my ineptitude with all things technological!) to get the photos in the right place. 😒

If SWAP "comes here" and you decide to join in then maybe you could get some help on how to handle the picture side if you haven't already. I have struggled with uploading pics in the past (here) but I have posted so many now it seems old school LOL. My main problem is I make them too big~ oops.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2023, 23:27:19 PM »
I have never even got my pea brain to concentrate long enough to get a plan in place  :laughing:
I work on urges.  One pops in my head and I have to make it.
I probably need to learn how to sew with a plan more than the average person!
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2023, 05:20:36 AM »
Are there many folks here that have competed or participated (a better word) in past SWAP's?

I have once.

Several @kowgiirl.up . I was the coordinator for one. I have a stack of plans, all still viable and mostly stuff I would still wear in the fabrics I have earmarked. I  might have finished a few garments but never came close to completing one.

Did you remember the 6PAC collections that Elizabeth spearheaded? I did finish one of those.  :thumb:

I think my little project bins have the makings of at least a coordinated 6 PAC if not more already cut out and no sewing done yet. Sigh. Maybe this year...
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2023, 14:47:22 PM »
I was the coordinator for one.

Where you using the same user name on Stitchers as you use here?

Yeah evjc (might not be spelled right) was a whiz at putting together those 6PACs. I entered once and didn’t finish, I came close though.

Kwaaked

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2023, 20:25:51 PM »
I sew far more then I ever share online.

I do about 2 a year.  This year is weird in I am not sewing for the season next (I usually start on Fall/Winter now) but for the Spring/Summer with a particular wardrobe need.  I'll probably kick through one fast and then do an abbreviated one for fall.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2023, 21:27:17 PM »
I have actually started on a jacket with a vague plan to follow up with coordinating items, but my plans are generally quite loose and rarely are followed through.

Going to try better this time though!
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)