The Sewing Place

And another one closed

sewmuchmore

And another one closed
« on: December 10, 2022, 12:02:27 PM »
Needed to order some machine embroidery threads/supplies and went onto BSK site were i get my supplies from to discover they have closed down.
Is there no end to firms deciding to call it a day.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: And another one closed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 13:22:00 PM »
I'd heard they were closing down, due to retirement I think.  I used to get yarn for machine knitting from them.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 15:15:35 PM »
@sewmuchmore try here

https://www.empressmills.co.uk/sewing-threads/embroidery-thread

I mentioned Empress Mills before and someone commented that their threads were 'fluffy'.  Although that used to be the case, I haven't found that recently - their cotton sewing thread is just about indistinguishable from the old Coats Sylko cotton that you can't now get.  I don't do machine embroidery but EM might be worth trying.

Helen M

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 15:31:10 PM »
I discovered this when someone on here posted about an auction that had an awful lot of new sewing machines (about a month ago I think). I used to buy the cutting blades for my Brother overlocker from them and my current Janome mechanical machine came from them via eBay.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 75

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2022, 15:32:30 PM »
That is useful to know. I have a few reels of sylko and they’re beautiful.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"